Sr. Facilities Manager - GMP Manufacturing Site
About JLL –
We're JLL. We're a professional services and investment management firm specializing in real estate. As a Fortune 500 company, we help real estate owners, occupiers and investors achieve their business ambitions. We have nearly 300 corporate offices across 80 countries, with a team of more than 86,000 individuals.
If you're looking to step up your career, JLL is the perfect professional home. With us, you'll have a chance to innovate with the world's leading businesses, put that expertise into action on landmark projects, and work on game-changing real estate initiatives. You'll also make long-lasting professional connections and be inspired by the best. We're focused on opportunity and want to help you make the most of yours. Achieve your ambitions—join us at JLL!
Summary of Position:
Senior Facility Manager is the single point of contact for the areas of responsibility and its occupants and act as their service provider liaison. The role is to ensure the JLL team (employee and 3rd party partners) deliver FM and workplace services resulting in safe, code-compliant, functional, comfortable, energy efficient and attractive facilities and site infrastructure. The Sr. FM manages expense budgets within approved allocations and provides monthly updates to year-end projections. Oversees gray area (GAP) maintenance projects within their campus per client's specifications and timeline. Provide cost competitive and resource efficient methods for delivering high-volume and relatively small-dollar facility projects.
Major Activities and Responsibilities:
- Serves as the JLL Client Relationship Manager with client stake holders for their campus and associated buildings this specifically includes campus/building user communications (coordinated via the accounts Communication Manager as appropriate.
- Establish a “Safety First“ culture on the site and improve safety performance by championing our level of awareness and changing all staff and partner safety behaviors.
- Provide leadership, vision and guidance to the operations, maintenance, utility and manufacturing support services functions (as appropriate)
- Is the first line of defense and leader in establishing the compliance culture required by the JLL team to operate in a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Have a strong focus ensuring our JLL staff and 3rd party vendor partners meet all EHS, GxP, SLA, KPI, Satisfaction Surveys and Statement of Work (SOW) requirements.
- Understand in detail the contract scope and manage to that delivery while also recognizing opportunities to improve customer experience, outcomes and/or operational savings
- Operate and maintain in a GxP manufacturing environment all IFM indirect equipment and services
- Measure and manage client feedback, written and verbal throughout the year. Conduct formal and informal relationship meetings.
- Standardize Service Level Provisions - support all site and JLL Sourcing initiatives to consolidate vendors and standardize SLA's and scopes of work.
- Serve as the liaison for all services such as janitorial, lab services, grounds, security, waste management, space planning, and project development services.
- Ensure GMP/GLP compliance by ensuring completion of all related training, Action Items/Audit Responses, and ensuring that all critical PMs are completed on time.
- Ensure all safety, environmental, and GxP standards are strictly adhered to within managed facilities.
- Ensure compliance with portfolio wide initiatives and required local, state and federal laws and regulations that pertain to the operating of facilities.
- Promote customer and JLL related sustainability initiatives by participating in demand response, recycling program and support special events (Earth Day, Energy celebrations, Energy Team initiatives).
- Works in conjunction with their Hard Services Manager and the Site Operations team to ensure effective Emergency and FAT response.
- Establish site level goals in conjunction with Director of Operations and cascade “SMART“ objectives into our JLL team's Performance measuring system (Workday)
- Provide superior employee management to all direct reports.
- Actively develop FM team members, prepare them for roles with increased responsibilities, provide for or recommend promotional opportunities for top performers.
- Maintain an effective succession plan for yourself and all team members.
- Complete and submit goals/objectives, mid-year reviews and year-end accomplishments by required due dates.
- Manage and engage in the on-going performance review process for all direct reports by required due dates.
- Recognize success of the team and the individual using appropriate recognition and rewards.
- Effectively manage site operating expenses to meet/exceed glide path savings targets. (Savings must be documented and tracked by initiative).
- Develop and submit a detailed site/campus operating budget annually. Provide monthly variance analysis and submit all periodic forecasts by assigned due dates. Attend client meetings as required to present budget/actuals summary details and provide commentary for all variances.
- Ensure your team actively participates in benchmarking to validate performance against peers and to actively pursue improvement opportunities
- Update/develop 5-year Facility Capital/Operating Improvement Project Plans for each facility/building.
- Support JLL Sourcing Team on all Sourcing Initiatives; implement all service level changes and/or supplier transitions as required.
- Work with Facility Coordinators, Facility Managers and Contract Services to ensure all financial processes are followed for competitive bids, CORs process, issuing PO's, and receipting work.
Growth of Company
- Actively identify, develop and document best practices that increase our value to the client using JLL's “iStream“ program.
- Encourage your staff to make a JLL da Vinci submittal for a new innovation or best practice that your team has been able to implement for your site.
- Demonstrate ability to apply and support new technology and corporate programs as they are rolled out.
- Support Account Team on all new scope change initiatives and priority projects. Actively seek to expand our scope into related areas that we can leverage our current staff/partners.
- Manage scope transitions for client by following established JLL Financial and transition processes including development of KPI's and SLA's for all managed services.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent; Business degree preferred.
- 5+ year's pharmaceutical GMP facility management experience with demonstrated ability to exercise proper judgment.
- Knowledge of Energy Reduction and Sustainability Programs.
- Experience in driving OSHA compliant safety program and maintaining environmental compliance related to facility operations (Air, Water, Waste Management).
- Experience in supporting compliant Environmental, Health and Safety training program related to facility management operations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem solving ability.
- Excellent verbal / written communication and presentation skills.
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service.
- Knowledge of standard business and accounting practices.
- Knowledge of Excel and ability to analyze data.
What you can expect from us –
We're an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture. We succeed together—across the desk and around the globe. We believe the best inspire the best, so we invest in supporting each other, learning together and celebrating our success.
Our Total Rewards program reflects our commitment to helping you achieve your ambitions in career, recognition, well-being, benefits and pay. We'll offer you a competitive salary and benefits package.
With us, you'll develop your strengths and enjoy a career full of varied experiences. We can't wait to see where your ambitions take you at JLL.
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL's recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our Candidate Privacy Statement.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy here.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL“) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at Accommodation.Reques@am.jl..com. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our Contact Us page > I want to work for JLL.