If you ...
- Are passionate about recruiting, but also enjoying being strategic, building systems and being a part of an HR leadership team
- Are interested in an opportunity to join a purpose driven business with an alive and thriving culture
- Like to build, proactively bringing solutions where very little process exists
- Would like to lead Recruiting in a rapidly growing company
Then keep reading!
In 2011, we set out to make a superior class of medicines to address unmet medical needs. We knew that first we had to create a place that was designed to foster that mission. A place where incredibly talented individuals are empowered to do their best work through excellence in science, development, and strategy. As Principia continues to grow, we hope that these principles will serve each new person joining our ranks. We are a late-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to bringing transformative oral therapies to patients with significant unmet medical needs in immunology and oncology. Our proprietary Tailored Covalency® platform enables us to design and develop reversible and irreversible covalent small molecule inhibitors with potencies and selectivities that we believe will rival those of injectable biologics, yet maintain the convenience of a pill. Our strategy is to advance the development of our proprietary drug candidates, and for certain programs, use collaborations and partnerships as strategic tools to maximize the value of those assets.
Position Summary / Opportunity:
- Seeking an experienced, motivated Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition in a rapidly growing South San Francisco based biopharma company. The Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition will be a key member of the HR leadership team, reporting directly to the VP of People and working with leaders across the business to drive our recruiting and talent strategy.
- Multi-faceted role, with a blend of hands-on recruiting, building a strategy, framework and process for how we will rapidly grow, partnering with HR and Business Unit Leadership on developing efficient and effective strategies for attracting top caliber employees, as well as managing external recruiters and one internal recruiting coordinator.
In this role you will:
- Lead the talent acquisition and workforce strategy with the objective of recruiting top talent across all departments
- Be an essential member of the Human Resources leadership team and will report directly to the VP of People
- Do recruiting
- Evaluate the current hiring process and implement practices to improve it
- Proactively work with HR and Business Unit Leadership on developing efficient and effective strategies for attracting top caliber employees in a high-growth competitive environment
- Collaborate with VP of Corporate Communications around a talent acquisition branding strategy with the objective of attracting diverse and outstanding talent across the board
- Manage a Recruiting Coordinator who has multiple responsibilities, including managing job/career content on Internet sites and social media platforms as well as our internal career webpage
- Oversee relationships with external vendors and search firms; negotiate and manage contractual relationships, SOW's
- Sr. Director level, with 10 years' experience in full lifecycle recruiting with at least 4 years' experience in Talent Acquisition Management, in a rapidly scaling biopharma company
- Knowledge of current talent acquisition strategies in biopharma, with a strong understanding of Bay Area and other competitive market landscapes
- Ability to work well independently as well as collaboratively; self‐motivated and disciplined to meet deadlines in the context of competing priorities and projects. You will play a strategic role but also need to roll up your sleeves
- Strong negotiation skills with a successful track record of closing deals
- Excellent communicator, confident, engaging. Ability to develop trust with a wide variety of internal/external clients. Comfortable with all levels of employees from individual contributors to executives.
- Solid experience managing external vendors
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement
- Can hit the ground running
- Bachelor's degree in liberal arts, business, organizational management or a related field or has a proven track record in recruiting outstanding employees
Principia Biopharma is an equal opportunity employer.