Scientist II, Molecular Biology
Requisition ID: 132145BR
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them.
South San Francisco, CA
Genetic Sciences Division
How will you make an impact?
Scientist II (molecular biology) will be heavily involved in the execution of molecular biology based product transfer activities. They will primarily be based in the laboratory and as such, will have strong experience in molecular biological techniques and be comfortable in this environment.
What will you do?
- Independently design and perform qPCR experiments to screen variables and optimize workflows
- Write detailed SOPs, analyze data, and generate reports
- Troubleshoot instrument and workflow failures
- Maintains a detailed and organized lab notebook
How will you get here?
- S. degree in biochemistry, molecular biology, or other related fields with 3-5 years of working experience in biotechnology industry
- S degree with 5-10 years of relevant working experience
- Experience with qPCR assay design and development experience for qPCR systems
- Proficient with JMP, R or similar tools for statistical analysis and visualization
- Experience with a variety of laboratory instrumentation for qPCR, sample preparation, and automation
- Demonstrate good laboratory practices and accurate/precise pipetting techniques
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- The successful candidate will work effectively as part of a dynamic team or alone and will possess strong organizational skills.
- A strong attention to detail is paramount and the ability to keep accurate records is pivotal.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to prepare and communicate technical information to a wide range of audiences
- Motivated and demonstrate adaptability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- Resourceful and flexible with strong troubleshooting skills
- Embraces diversity of culture and thought
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
- EVRD2020 *GTSDouble