PACT Pharma is an exciting, well-funded clinical stage company developing personalized adoptive T cell therapies for the eradication of solid tumors. Our private designer T cells are created by analyzing a patient’s individual tumor and engineering T cells to kill that specific tumor.
If you desire a stimulating fast paced environment, working with intelligent people who are making an impact in cancer, you will want to join the PACT Pharma team. We are a rapidly expanding, innovative, and collaborative workforce working towards one main goal, eradicating cancer!
We are in the San Francisco bay area, the heart of the world’s premier biotechnology research hub. PACT Pharma offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including participation in the aggressive growth of the company in the form of stock option grants.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist/Lab Manager who will report to the Sr. Scientist or Director and continue advancing PACT’s cutting edge engineered cell product. This will be a unique opportunity to see your ideas rapidly translate into the clinic and impact patient lives.
The person in this role will be responsible for processing of clinical blood samples for the identification and isolation of patient private NeoE-specific T cells, as part of product selection for the manufacture of the adoptive cell therapy product (neoTCR-P1) for the patients. This process is performed in a GMP-like laboratory setting and includes flow cytometry, RT-PCR, and Next-generation Sequencing (NGS) analysis of single T cells. The ideal candidate should enjoy operating in an exceptionally dynamic and cooperative environment.
- The candidate will be leading a team to process clinical blood samples for the identification and isolation of patient private NeoE-specific T cells in clinical trial.
- Utilizing their expertise to construct patient-specific reagent libraries
- Using FACS machine to analyze patient blood samples
- The candidate will be carrying out experiments to generate DNA library for NGS.
- Analyzing data and writing reports to propose the therapeutic candidates for the patients.
- Able to do demonstrate leadership, good communication skills and teamwork.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with 8+ year experience, or PhD with 2+ year industry experience.
- Experience with at least two of: single cell technologies, FACS, RT-PCR, next-gen sequencing (NGS), fluid handling robots.
- Experience with immuno-oncology or T cell biology will be a plus
- Ability to propose new projects, design proof of concept experiments, and lead the execution and analysis of the work.
- Highly goal-driven and the ability to handle delicate experiments.
- This position will require flexible work schedules (Shift schedules), may include weekends.
PACT Pharma is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strives to build a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.