Genentech, a leader in bio-pharmaceutical sciences, is seeking a highly motivated and talented researcher with a proven track record of laboratory achievements to join our growing Department of Small Molecule Process Chemistry. Responsibilities of the position include:
- Discover, develop and demonstrate process chemistry at the laboratory and kilo lab scale for timely delivery of early and mid-phase small molecule development candidates in accordance with cGMP, ICH and FDA/EMA regulations
- Control the bulk quality attributes of the API conducive to successful development and formulation requirements
- Interact with cross functional team members and CMO partners
- Interpret and document results via batch records and milestone development reports
- Keep current with developments in the field through peer-reviewed journals and other media, and maintain a scientific profile both internally and externally
The ideal candidate will meet the following requirements. The level of the position will depend on the qualifications of the selected candidate:
- BS with 3+ years of relevant experience or MS in chemistry. Candidate with MS in organic chemistry is highly preferred.
- Must have record of innovation and success in multiple projects over the course of their industrial career to be considered for the more senior level
- A publication record is desirable, but candidates without peer-reviewed publications will also be considered for the Scientific Researcher level. Candidates with a proven record of scientific publication may be considered for the Sr. Scientific Researcher level.
- Strong working knowledge of the latest developments in contemporary process chemistry including chemo- and/or bio-catalysis/asymmetric transformations, organometallic chemistry as well as experience in heterocyclic chemistry.
- Demonstrated experience at the kilogram delivery scale and route optimization is strongly preferred, but candidates of exceptional promise without this experience will also be considered.
- The ability to take initiative, solve problems independently, work in teams and communicate clearly, both orally and written, are essential skills for this position.