Payroll Senior Accountant
This role is responsible for payroll accounting month end close, year-end preparation, quarterly payroll tax filing, jurisdictional compliance and data accuracy, and reconciliation across systems. We are looking for a data-driven payroll accounting expert with a keen attention to detail to help drive process improvements and maintain compliance.
- Responsible for timely and accurate posting of all payroll-related journal entries such as payroll, vacation and benefits for month end close.
- Reconcile payroll-owned GL accounts in accordance with the close schedule, policies and procedures.
- Maintain data accuracy between and reconciliation of all payroll-related systems (including but not limited to payroll processing and wage funding, tax filing, garnishment, and accounting and systems).
- Partner cross functionally to compile data for various benefits and compliance audits.
- Serve as point person for and preparer of all payroll-related ad hoc reporting requests.
- Assist with year-end statement preparation and tax filing.
- Balance quarterly payroll data in Workday to payroll tax returns and General Ledger.
- Serve as subject matter expert and/or point of escalation for members of the payroll processing team as needed. Payroll processing may sometimes be required.
- Review employer safe harbor and profit-sharing quarterly contribution files and prepare annual plan financial statements.
- Ensure that the weekly and bi-weekly payroll files transmitted to the third-party plan recordkeeper are processed timely and resolve issues as needed.
- Provide data, reports, and files for the annual audit of the Retirement Plan and Profit Sharing Plan.
- Assist with various special projects as assigned by management.
- Responsible for identifying opportunities to enhance technology and innovation that will improve departmental effectiveness.
- All Sees staff must be committed to the companys core principles and workplace values, including diversity and inclusion.