Job Description Job #: 1024881
- Mouse and Rat husbandry (feed, water, enrichment, bedding) and cage changes plus health checks several times a week and both days on weekends.
- Immediately notify manager in the event of an adverse health condition or mortality.
- Keep record of cage changes and health checks.
- Record environment temperature, humidity values.
- Available by e-mail on non-work days.
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Accurate and consistent data recording.
- Careful observation.
- Training and ability to handle mice and rats.
- One or more year's relevant experience
(For Mice and Rats)
- IP, SC, IM injections.
- Transcardial fixative perfusion.
- Brain tissue collection.
- Knowledge of stereotaxic brain surgery. (Low priority)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] -6178.