Requisition Number: FLEET03497
Fleet Mechanic Duties & Responsibilities:
- Diagnoses and performs necessary repairs on fleet trucks
- Performs preventive and routine maintenance
- Performs diagnostic analysis and mechanical repairs on all vehicle systems, including but not limited to electrical, hydraulic, transmission, air conditioning, heating, fuel and mechanical systems.
- Designs and implements minor modifications to existing equipment, as directed.
- Maintains maintenance and repair records on all trucks
- Utilizes technology applicable to the field and/or general operations and implements available technology to accomplish work tasks.
- Assures compliance with all appropriate safety rules and regulations
Fleet Mechanic Requirements:
- One year of full-time mechanic experience, or currently attending/recent graduate from technical college.
- Certified to complete DOT inspections within 6 months of employment.
- Valid and unrestricted driver's license and excellent driving record.
- Possess ASE Certification or become certified within 12 months of employment.
- Possess or be able to obtain and maintain Class B Minnesota driver's license within 6 months of appointment.
- Associate degree or completion of technical training program in a mechanically related field.
- Experience on diesel and heavy equipment or electronic vehicle systems.
- Experience on heavy duty trucks.
Fleet Mechanic Benefits:
- Training Salary
- On the Job Training
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and Life Insurance
- 401k with Employer Match
- Promotion Opportunities
Allstate Peterbilt Group is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, Minority, Female, Veteran, and Disability employer. The company is also a drug-free workplace; candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment .