Nights shift Press Assistant - South Plainfield, NJ
901 Durham Ave
South Plainfield, New Jersey, 07080
Press Helper (Press Assistant-Offset), Day shift – South Plainfield, NJ (Full Time)
Currently seeking Machine Helper (night) for Offset Printing Dept. Work 36 hours a week, get paid for 40! Starting Pay $11.00
• Shift Differential, and Up to $16.50/hr. Full Health Benefits after 30 days of employment.
In this role the Machine Helper will:
- Set gauges, wheels, belts and guides for feeder and delivery on each press run.
- Sign for and check stock release form prior to each press run assuring caliper, amount, size and color. Complete proper form when stock is returned to warehouse.
- Load press with stock.
- Provide wash-up and clean-up on press and maintain cleanliness and safety in the press area.
- Load tags from paper mills segregated for each run.
- Provide waste sheets for make ready.
- Alert First Press Operator or Printing Manager of stock needed for following run.
- Advise Production Manager of low material or chemistry supply.
- Perform other job duties as assigned.
How you will impact WestRock:
- Contribute to a collaborative safety culture that drives results
- Utilize teamwork skills to support Press Operator/Pre-press-Printing Depts.
What you need to succeed:
- Basic math skills to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Must be able to read and comprehend measurements on a ruler.
- Ability to read and comprehend documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, procedures, and work instructions.
- Pass a basic reading, color vision, and hue tests.
- Meet and/or pass the minimum requirement on a mechanical test or have demonstrated mechanical aptitude through prior work experience.
- Ability to maintain good attendance.
- Must be willing to work overtime as needed.
- Perform all essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodation.
What we offer:
- Corporate culture based on integrity, respect, accountability and excellence
- Comprehensive training with numerous learning and development opportunities
- An attractive salary reflecting skills, competencies and potential
- A career with a global packaging company where Sustainability, Safety and Inclusion are business drivers and foundational elements of the daily work.
About WestRock (NYSE: WRK) partners with our customers to provide differentiated paper and packaging solutions that help them win in the marketplace. WestRock's 45,000 team members support customers around the world from more than 300 operating and business locations spanning North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Learn more at www.westrock.com.
WestRock Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to creating and maintaining a diverse workforce: Minorities/Females/ Disabled/Veterans.