Director of Transporation
The Xcel Group is currently searching for a Director of Transportation for one of our clients, a growing food company in the South Elgin area. Will be responsible for overseeing the management of multiple departments in the DC. Oversee the management of the Company's dedicated fleet. Set inventory, distribution and demand strategies. Work with the executive team for P&L and strategic planning as the Company continues to sustain annual growth in a demanding industry.
- Must have experience working with own fleet.
- JIT logistics experience extremely important.
- Food industry experience, full knowledge and prior experience with FIFO. Working with refrigerated and frozen products.
- Consistently work with a high level of urgency in this fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
- Hands-on transportation/logistics experience.
- Operations management directing management in all areas including dispatch, mechanics, drivers, routing, company fleet of over 100 trucks, maintenance.
- Work with sales, purchasing, customer service.
- Ability to jump in, learn the business and take ownership of the entire area.
- Will be challenged daily, must be able to hold up under pressure while not losing sight of the goal to run the business smoothly.
- Someone who will learn and understand the business, work alongside with management, supervisors and team members.
- A real "hands-on" individual who will roll up their sleeves and dive right in.
- Ability to direct at a very high level, fully knowledgeable of what is transpiring and could change at any moment.
- Continuous improvement; identify areas of inefficiencies and make necessary changes to improve.
- Accident and injury root cause analysis.
- Monitor driver and vehicle compliance.
- Knowledgeable of DOT and OSHA safety standards.
- Process driven.
- Team leader in driving strategic sourcing processes and change management.
- Ensure quality, delivery, and budget objectives are met.
- Identify areas of improvement and suggest recommendations.
The Xcel Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates are critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.