Directional Drill Operator
DIRECTIONAL DRILL OPERATOR – FIBER OPTIC CABLE SYSTEM
Verita Telecommunications Corporation is fast growing telecommunications contractor that specializes in engineering and construction. Our employees are highly motivated and internally driven to succeed. Verita is seeking professionals with a growth mindset that are looking to work in a team atmosphere. Our employees are leaders in their fields and have committed to grow. We are determined to hire candidates with values that fit our culture of leading, growing and working as a team!
NATURE OF WORK
Operates horizontal directional drilling equipment in accordance with blueprints and designated plans, installing 500 – 1,000 feet of conduit in a typical workday. Maintains equipment per manufacturer’s specifications and safety guidelines. Responsible for assisting in potholing, remediation, setting hand holes and pulling fiber. Required to keep good records, as built drawings and complete daily paperwork.
Education / Certification:
- Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Company will provide industry training and certifications if not already secured.
- CDL is a plus.
- Must have valid Drivers License
- 1-year working with Vermeer or Ditch Witch DDD
- Knowledge of utility depths and placements; general knowledge of construction practices.
- Able to read blueprints/underground utility plans and interpret work assignments.
Physical Requirements / Aptitude:
- Able to work in trenches, manholes, tunnels and confined spaces and in work settings with moderate to loud noise levels.
- Able to move in different positions – crouching, kneeling, reaching, bending and lifting 75 lbs., unassisted.
- Willing to work overtime when required; willing to travel and to work in all-weather conditions.
- Self-motivated and able to work well in groups.
- Other duties as assigned