Jackson South Medical Center
9333 SW 152nd Street, Miami, FL 33157
Nights, 7:00 p.m- 7:30 a.m.
RRT Specialty performs all respiratory care related duties in their assigned specialty. This includes setting up and administering all routine and complex respiratory therapy procedures to patient treatment in assigned area, ensuring the best possible therapy coverage. The RRT Specialty may be responsible for the application and operation of acute care ventilators used for continuous short and long-term mechanical ventilation of adults, pediatrics, and neonates. Therapists are expected to be self-directed in the absence of the full-time Team Leader and may take charge or lead worker duties when needed.
- Generally requires 3 to 5 years of related experience.
- Associate's degree in related field is required. Any Employee who will be performing Point of Care and testing in the Operating Room, Neuro ICU, NICU, PICU, Pedi-ER, Cath Lab and/or Interventional Radiology areas, the educational degree must be verified at the time of hire. Minimum education level required to be verified is Associate's degree.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) certification is required.
- Licensed by the State of Florida as Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT).
- American Heart Association (AHA) Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers certification with at least 6 months validity required. Any employee who works in areas Pediatrics (NICU/Pediatric ER) must have current Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification; Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification may be required based on business unit or departmental need. STABLE certificate is preferred for RRT's assigned to NICU.
Knowledge Skill Abilities:
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work accurately while meeting multiple deadlines. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. Ability to handle difficult and stressful situations with critical thinking and professional composure. Ability to understand and follow instructions. Ability to exercise sound and independent judgment. Knowledge and skill in use of job appropriate technology and software applications. Must meet and maintain current all unit specific and organizational skills/competencies, certifications/licensures, as required by the nursing area.