Server Sonoma Plaza
REPORTS TO: Service Manager
Mary's Pizza Shack's reputation is based on excellent service and quality food. As a waitperson, you are responsible for main¬taining this reputation by ensuring the customer has the best experience possible while visiting our restaurant. Being friend¬ly, efficient, and giving the customers the respect they deserve is the most effective way to provide excellent service. At Mary's no request is too outrageous, and no favor is too great to consider.
- Ability to maintain Mary’s Per Person Check Average Standards
- Demonstrate Mary’s suggestive selling techniques
- Ability to listen and understand the customers needs
- Ability to handle a 5 table section
- Ability to maintain Mary’s Scorecard Standards
- Adhere to all Mary’s Dress Code Standards
- Follow all Cash, Credit, House Charge and/or Check Transactions procedures
- Demonstrates Mary’s Upbeat Personality Philosophy
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Greet guests the moment they enter the restaurant with a friendly upbeat demeanor
- Must have thorough knowledge of all menu items; how prepared; ingredients used and portion size
- Ensures food prepared is in agreement with customer and meets Mary’s Pizza Shack standards
- Must have full knowledge of specials, featured items and soup of the day
- Knowledge of wine and beer menu (All bar items if applicable)
- Have thorough knowledge of table sections.
- Keep tables clean and organized; always be ready for your next guest. Pre bus when necessary.
- Must supply your own paper, pens and server bank each shift
- Use table marketing tools
- Follow all Alcohol and Beverage Laws
- Follow all Cash, Credit, House Charge and/or Check Transactions procedures. Important: Once payment is received it is the Cashier, Server or Drivers responsibility to settle the transaction(s) immediately upon returning to their work station. Holding onto unsettled transactions until later in the shift will be considered improper cash handling and subject to disciplinary action.
- Follow IRS Tip Reporting Guidelines (Please refer to our Tip Reporting Policy)
- Follow all safety and health guidelines
- Follow all clean up and pre shift procedures related to position