Plans, directs, and coordinates all activities of the wood treatment facility and fuel yard in Somerville, TX, to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished to meet business requirements.
- Leads all aspects of the daily operations of the facility to ensure a safe and efficient workplace.
- Promotes and encourages safe work practices, environmental stewardship, and the principles of Zero Harm. Promotes and maintains a positive reputation within the community.
- Oversees and directs the assignments of the leadership team to meet business requirements. Regularly mentors and develops Somerville team members.
- Tracks the financials, planned expenses and capital spending for the site and ensures compliance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) protocols.
- Responds to changing Customer demands while maintaining the integrity of the operations of the facility.
- BS/BA in business, wood science or related field; MBA or related advanced degree preferred
- At least 5 years operations experience with supervision of both hourly and salaried employees; 5 years operations experience with management of both hourly and salaried employees in a wood treating facility preferred
- SHE awareness
- Strong organizational, communication and leadership skills
- Prior experience in a union environment preferred
- Team player and ability to promote team concept
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products
- Ability to set priorities, analyze problems and manage time effectively
- General understanding of accounting/financial principles
Koppers Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, genetic information, ethnicity, national origin, race, religion, sex, veteran status, or any other category or characteristic protected by federal law or by any applicable state or local law.