SmartBear is looking for an experienced Solutions Architect with a track record of success to join our presales department. We are looking for someone with practitioner level knowledge of API design and testing practices to come on board and help our customers realize their full potential when implementing our toolset into their workflow. This role will require someone passionate about APIs with a strong drive to give customers the blueprints for success as they shape the future of their API design and testing strategy.
- Provide guidance around how best to configure and leverage SmartBear API solutions for prospects and customers.
- Work cross-functionally with sales teams to position success paths for our prospects and customers for SmartBear product and technical solutions.
- Define and design technical roadmaps for enterprise accounts and POCs.
- Responsible for subject-matter expertise of integrations, technical solutions, and implementations of SmartBear API tools.
- Presenting and interacting with customers including senior stakeholders/ C-Suite as needed to showcase SmartBear solutions and proposals.
- Responsible for strategy plan for complex implementations.
- Build sales domain expertise across multiple industries and create artifacts around standard methodologies of using SmartBear products across those industries.
- Become a thought leader for the industry around API best practices and the in-house API expert.
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a software engineer, technical consultant, solutions engineer, or similar type of technical/customer facing role
- Experience as part of an API development or testing team and understanding of API developing and testing strategies
- Prior experience of designing technical solutions to meet business needs
- Experience of handling to mid to enterprise sized clients
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth, and dynamic environment
- Highly customer orientated and strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively; handle multiple engagements concurrently
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; engaging presentation style with the ability to control various presentation scenarios with partners across all levels
- Good understanding of Sales processes, infrastructure, and challenges
- Able and willing to travel nationally and internationally up to 25%
- You shouldn’t need to look up the following list of words: (Jenkins, CI/CD, SOAP, REST, Git, Docker, JSON, GraphQL)
- Fluent in English
SmartBear is behind the software that empowers developers, testers, and operations engineers at over 20,000 of the world’s most innovative organizations including Adobe, JetBlue, MasterCard, and Microsoft. More than 6 million people use our tools to build, test, and monitor great software, faster. Our high-impact tools are easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to use. These tools are backed by a team of people passionate about helping you create software that transforms our world. Those tools are SmartBear tools. That team is SmartBear. For more information, visit: or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.
SmartBear is an equal employment opportunity employer and encourages success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, mental or physical disability, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, medical condition, sex, sex stereotyping, pregnancy (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), or any other legally protected status.