Senior Software Engineer Model Building Platform
Imagine if we could harness the exponential growth of real-world clinico-genomic data and next generation AI to radically change the way novel drug therapies are discovered?
GNS is simulating disease to radically transform drug discovery & development in cancer, neurodegenerative disorders, and auto-immune diseases. At GNS we leverage our pioneering Causal AI technology to exploit the recent explosive growth of multi-omics and clinical data to create virtual (in silico) patients in oncology, neurodegeneration, and immunology and reveal the hidden circuitry of disease. We can now use Gemini in silico patients to simulate disease progression and drug response at the individual patient level to discover novel drug targets, simulate entire trials to better select patients, and rapidly generate evidence of comparative effectiveness vs other drugs.
Join our team of top software engineers responsible for designing, building, and maintaining the worlds foremost machine learning platform dedicated to providing the pharmaceutical industry with causal AI models and associated utilities for performing and analyzing simulations. GNS established the field over 20 years ago and has technologies that are light-years ahead of the competition. Your experience as a software developer, your willingness to learn and share, your background in optimization problems and your proficiency in mathematics will enable you and the team to thrive as you work together to meet group goals.
- Report to Engineering Director
- Contribute throughout the entire lifecycle of projects from stakeholder engagement to story design to software development to testing to deployment
- Implement agreed-upon architectural designs
- Develop and maintain production ready software
- Write automated unit tests, create appropriate datasets for testing
- Work with end users to identify needs and priorities
- Work with engineering teammates on plans, roadmaps and task approaches
- Be a leader in instigating code refactoring, cleanup and deletion
- Embrace best practices for software writing, testing, code review and deployment
- Keep user-facing documentation up-to-date and understandable
- Evangelize emerging technologies and their integration into product strategies
- Stay abreast of industry best practices
- Be willing to pick up stories from across the code base and develop, support and implement software accordingly
- From time-to-time give presentations, write blog-posts, lead meetings, peer program
- 5+ years C/C++; nice to have: R/python
- 5+ years as a productive individual contributor to a software team
- Experience writing mathematical/scientific software (e.g., using MPI, lapack)
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team-oriented, strong collaborator
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, or Applied Mathematics, or M.S with proven experience in algorithm development
GNS offers competitive salaries, stock options, unlimited vacation, health, dental and vision insurance, life insurance, long-term disability, 401(k), generous parental leave, tuition reimbursement, professional development, subsidized parking and more.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GNS Healthcare provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or conditions related to pregnancy, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GNS Healthcare complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.