- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Breaking down user interfaces into components
- Demonstrate prototypes and multiple approaches to problems
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability
- Develop unit tests
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Provide leadership to the team on best-practices
- Implementing designs provided in Sketch
- Strong understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Familiarity with PHP or an other server-side scripting language
- Proficient understanding of Git and working with Github
The Engineering team is an open, inclusive, and close-knit team with some folks working in the office and some working remotely around the US. The position is open to local and US-based remote candidates.
Some of The Good Stuff
Work Environment: We're a fun, growing e-commerce company, located a five-minute walk from the Davis Square Red Line stop on the border of Somerville and Cambridge. Our office has a beautifully crafted modern-rustic vibe with a casual dress code. We have a stocked kitchen, free coffee and snacks, breakfast on Mondays, and other treats. We do several company events around the year, and lots of us like to have fun around the office.
Discounts: We offer discounts on hundreds of the products on our site. We even get free samples of many products. It's perfect for gift giving.
Culture of Mentorship and Learning: You'll get exposure to Boston's startup industry and the chance to learn from people on our team and from the industry. We host frequent information and expertise sharing events (formal and informal) at work and give team members the chance to attend meetups.
Relocation Assistance: We offer up to $5,000 in relocation assistance to make it easier for you to move to the Boston area and become part of the Grommet family. (optional)
Compensation: Competitive salary, great benefits, a yearly bonus incentive plan based on both individual and company performance, and a great work-life balance are all part of the deal.