What could possibly be as important as offering the best financial products and services? Making sure our customers understand their options — and make the best possible decision for their needs. That's where our Relationship Bankers come in. Knowledgeable, helpful, thoughtful, these experts are able to recognize each customer's banking needs and offer a solution that exceeds their expectations. The Relationship Banker will be required to work as a Teller as one of the primary functions of the job.
- Produces sales which will attain or surpass branch goals.
- Processes accounts in an efficient and effective manner.
- Handles and follows up customers problems/questions.
- Maintains inventory and completes reporting on assigned General Ledger Accounts.
- Assists in daily branch operations.
- Services the ATM machine(s).
- Maintains the safe deposit box area.
- Maintains the branch's professional climate, ensuring teamwork.
- Performs Teller duties when necessary.
- Assists Head Teller in daily functions.
- Monitors and/or ensures compliance with Federal and State laws and regulations; including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti Money Laundering, as well as Bank operation policies and procedures.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Because our Relationship Bankers are trusted advisors to our customers, it's important you have excellent interpersonal skills and a strong knowledge of our products and services. We ask that you have at least a high school diploma or GED.
This position is subject to the SAFE Act because you may act in the capacity of a Residential Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO). As such, you will be required to register with the National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry and to maintain this registration in good standing.
The physical demands listed are typical of those an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential duties of this job. We may make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform those duties. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, see, hear, read, write, walk, sit, stand, stoop, kneel or bend; reach with hands and arms; use office equipment such as computer, telephone, calculator, and fax machine. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Century Bank is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.