Requisition Number: PREPC02516
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: (Key Tasks and Responsibilities)
- Reports to work on time and is on the prep station as indicated on the weekly work schedule. Uniform meets restaurant requirements of cleanliness and appearance. Practices positive personal hygiene and cleanliness habits during all work shifts.
- Prepare food items, preparation equipment, small wares, plate ware, food ingredients, garnishes and supply items needed for effective operation of the station. Reports any problems or discrepancies to Sous Chef/Chef on a timely basis.
- Assists other kitchen personnel in food preparation and side work according to prep lists. Preps all food product according to the standards and procedures stated on the Ruth’s Chris Steak House recipe books.
- Preps all food to ensure that all items are prepared according to company specifications, recipes, procedures, plate presentation and quality standards. Ensures our guests have a superior dining experience by correctly prepping food products.
- Maintains the highest degree of sanitation, cleanliness and food safety for work area to include prep tables, counter tops, refrigeration units, floors, walls and shelving.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift. Immediately reports any unsafe condition or unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the Sous Chef/Chef.
- Correctly completes all station closing duties at the end of each shift. Assists Sous Chef/Chef and other kitchen team members in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Must be able to lift, handle, and carry food, small wares, equipment, supplies and paper goods at a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to constantly stand and exert well-paced mobility for a period up to five hours in length.
- Must be able to bend, kneel, stoop, reach and squat on a frequent basis to receive and store stock, supplies and equipment as well as to work the line during service periods.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, employees, vendors and guests.
- Must be able to taste – to be able to distinguish between and among flavors, spices, temperatures, mouth feel and smell – to distinguish between and among odors and scents as to their appeal and level of intensity for all food and beverage products.
- Must be able to work in an environment subject to extreme cold (30 degrees), heat (temperatures above 100 degrees), loud noises from restaurant equipment and machinery, and fumes, odors, dust and smoke.
- The use of cut gloves as that is a company requirement for all BOH personnel for safety of our staff.
- Maintains good grooming habits.
- Minimum 1 year experience as a prep cook in a full service, fine dining upscale, table cloth or casual dining restaurant required.
- Experience with fresh products preferred.
- Minimum 100 covers per shift.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and listen attentively to supervisors, other team members, vendors and guests.
- Ability to understand communication in English.