As a not-for-profit organization, Partners HealthCare is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community by leading innovation across our system. Founded by Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital, Partners HealthCare supports a complete continuum of care including community and specialty hospitals, a managed care organization, a physician network, community health centers, home care and other health-related entities. Several of our hospitals are teaching affiliates of Harvard Medical School, and our system is a national leader in biomedical research.
We’re focused on a people-first culture for our system’s patients and our professional family. That’s why we provide our employees with more ways to achieve their potential. Partners HealthCare is committed to aligning our employees’ personal aspirations with projects that match their capabilities and creating a culture that empowers our managers to become trusted mentors. We support each member of our team to own their personal development—and we recognize success at every step.
Our employees use the Partners HealthCare values to govern decisions, actions and behaviors. These values guide how we get our work done: Patients, Affordability, Accountability & Service Commitment, Decisiveness, Innovation & Thoughtful Risk; and how we treat each other: Diversity & Inclusion, Integrity & Respect, Learning, Continuous Improvement & Personal Growth, Teamwork & Collaboration.
Reporting to the Mass General Brigham Corporate (MGBC) Accounting Manager, the Accountant is a key player on a team that is responsible for the coordination and preparation of the monthly and year-end financial statements for Mass General Brigham (Parent Company). This position performs a wide variety of accounting duties in connection with the month end general ledger closing process and preparation of various financial statements, management reports, journal transactions and other supporting schedules. Provides details of various general ledger accounts and prepares appropriate reconciliations.
Principal Duties Responsibilities
• Prepares, reviews, and posts monthly journal entries in an accurate and timely manner.
• Performs assigned balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Responsible for the preparation of certain monthly reporting schedules and compilation of financial reports under the direction of the MGBC Accounting Manager.
• Performs detailed analyses of various general ledger accounts and selected cost centers, as assigned.
• Maintains all supporting back-up in an organized manner for review by external auditors. This includes journal entries, account reconciliation reports, and various supporting general ledger schedules.
• Performs a variety of other accounting-related duties, such as intercompany reconciliation and settlement.
• Serves as an accounting liaison to all institution & affiliated financial staff for general ledger activity.
• Responds to questions and solves problems as requested by department managers.
• Perform other tasks or job duties as requested by the MGBC Accounting Manager.
• Ongoing focus on process improvement.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business.
• One to three years of directly related professional prior experience required.
• Excellent computer skills with spreadsheets and word processing, including Excel and PowerPoint.
• PeopleSoft Financials experience a plus.
• Ability and willingness to process routine transactions and identify process improvements.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and technical skills
• Ability to work effectively in teams and independently with minimal supervision.
• Excellent organizational skills and the flexibility to handle multiple tasks and deadline pressures.
• Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal tact for interacting with all levels of finance and other corporate personnel.
• A customer service focus and the ability to manage competing and conflicting demands on time.