Preventative Maintenance Technician - 1st Shift
SMC, Ltd. is a globally recognized premium supplier to the medical market with locations throughout the world. People committed to speed, technology, and exceptional performance are the cornerstone of our organization. Comprised of dedicated people and decades of manufacturing experience, we have continued to experience strong growth and currently have outstanding career opportunities for equally dedicated people.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Preventative Maintenance Technician at our Somerset, WI location. Our team of Preventative Maintenance Technician is responsible for the improved operational uptime of the facility and systems through an expanded Preventative Maintenance Program. This position generally works Monday through Friday 6:00 am - 2:30 pm.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor and maintain preventative maintenance program through IQMS.
- Repair, adjust, maintain and re-assemble machines, mechanical and hydraulic equipment
- Troubleshoot primary and secondary manufacturing equipment
- Troubleshoot, repair and fabricate production equipment; welding, cutting, assembly, painting, finishing.
- Maintain plant equipment in top working condition
- Install and hook up new equipment as needed.
- Maintain and enhance existing PM program.
- Communicate with plant manager and scheduler as to the status of equipment and arrange scheduled down time for routine maintenance.
- Maintain production equipment and auxiliary equipment; supporting manufacturing with daily needs and following ISO work instructions and OSHA requirements
- Grounds maintenance as required
- Perform other duties as assigned
- List essential qualification
- High school diploma or equivalent required; electrical and hydraulic training preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience to include maintaining injection molding machines.
- Hydraulic and Electrical proficiency
- AS in electronics preferred
- ISO experience preferred
- Good troubleshooting and mechanical skills with ability to read blueprints.
- Strong background in hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical and robotics.
- Knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Valid driver’s license
- All applicants must be authorized to work in the US
At SMC Ltd. we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
SMC Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V; this organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.