Material Handler 1st Shift
SMC, Ltd. is a globally recognized premium supplier to the medical market with locations throughout the world. People committed to speed, technology, and exceptional performance are the cornerstone of our organization. Comprised of dedicated people and decades of manufacturing experience, we have continued to experience strong growth and currently have outstanding career opportunities for equally dedicated people.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for Material Handler at our Somerset, WI location. Our team of Material Handlers is responsible for pulling and staging all materials for active production jobs. Manage first-in-first-out (FIFO) process and maintains accurate inventory amounts of IQMS (ERP System).
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Pulls and stages material for all active production jobs, while accurately measuring, weighing and/or counting materials and product.
- Documents materials and any inventory movements.
- Performs moisture analysis on resin as required.
- Maintains accurate resin inventory, through weekly inventory checks, and makes adjustments as needed.
- Prepares and sorts materials or products for recycling.
- Receives, distributes, and stores materials as directed in designated, secure locations.
- Notifies Supervisor(s) and Lead(s) of any mistakes or discrepancies found so they can be corrected immediately.
- Initiates the MRB process and notifies Supervisor(s) and Lead(s) when material contamination is suspected and/or has occurred.
- Maintains cleanliness of work area and complies with all safety and OSHA regulations.
- Periodically performs Operator duties to provide breaks when needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma/GED.
- Possess the written, verbal, and interaction skills necessary to work both independently and cooperatively.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
- Possess basic math skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Forklift certified.
- Experience in injection molding preferred.
- Experience with ERP Systems.
- Bend, squat, climb, grasp, reach, lift or otherwise move frequently for extended periods
- Lift, move or otherwise transfer up to 50 lbs. frequently, or more occasionally
- Walk, stand or otherwise move about continuously
- Exposure to machine shop physical hazards including chemicals which may require respiratory protection
- Typically sits, grasps items and performs keyboarding for occasional operation of a computer
At SMC Ltd. we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
SMC Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V; this organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.