Full Time- 32 hrs per week
Crown Hill, a subcontractor of MHM Services, Inc., is seeking a full time (32 hours per week) Patient Facilitator to work at Somerset State Correctional Institution and travel as needed to our Fayette, Mercer, Greene and Laurel facilities. The Patient Facilitator's role is to assist the Psychiatrist/PCRNP with TelePsychiatry visits. The ideal candidate will have mental health experience working with patients and should be comfortable with medical terminology. We are also open to medical healthcare patient experience. The candidate can be a CNA or Mental Health Worker.
- Educate the patient on the nature and process of TeleHealth, specifically discussing confidentiality;
- Obtain patient consent when required;
- Ensure all equipment is functional and fully operational;
- Assist with the flow of patients in and out of the TeleHealth clinic and remain present during clinic session;
- Navigate and review information requested from the chart and share such information with the provider;
- Assist the provider in using the TeleHealth equipment;
- Fax/email relevant documentation to the Provider as well as receive notes and relevant orders from the Provider;
- Ensure the call has been disconnected and the power is turned off to the video conferencing equipment at the conclusion of the TeleHealth session;
- Ensure that notes and pharmacy orders are provided to the Nurse for processing at the conclusion of the appointment; and/or file such notes and orders where appropriate;
- Liaison with custody regarding patient no shows and adjustment of clinic needs due to lock downs, count, etc.
- Must complete Company/DOC required trainings and education specific to telehealth service delivery;
- May be required to train other staff regarding the role of the Patient Facilitator
- High school diploma or equivalent required,
- Experience in the mental health field.
- Experience with Telemedicine is preferred but not necessary
- Clean driver’s license, good vehicle for transportation.
- Ability to pass a background clearance.