Join Tarkett, a global leader in innovation flooring solutions and sports surfaces. We believe our entrepreneurial culture is what differentiates us from the competition. So if you’ve got what it takes, we invite you to CHANGE THE GAME WITH US!
Category Manager – Resins & Chemicals
The Category Manager – Resins & Chemicals, will develop and oversee the sourcing and supply chain function to support the Resins & Chemicals category consisting of PET, PP, PA6, PVC, SBR, NBR, & Colorants. The position will act as the Tarkett North American (TNA) sourcing lead for the respective category in that the position will assist in the development and implementation of the Global & Regional sourcing strategy in conjunction with the Director of Procurement-TNA, and will manage those supplier relationships as related to regional needs.
- Act as the TNA sourcing lead for Resins & Chemicals by working in conjunction with the Director of Procurement and the region in developing and implementing the global and regional sourcing strategies for these categories throughout TNA.
- Understand specific raw material portfolio, suppliers, markets, and upstream derivatives in order to effectively source and procure materials to support the business needs.
- Participate in budget creation and review.
- Manage supplier relationships as it relates to the respective portfolio.
- Prepare and participate in strong negotiations to support local, regional, and global sourcing strategies by conducting market analysis, understanding global, regional and local markets, white papers, translating to strategy.
- Track and manage inventory related to category in conjunction with TNA plants and the business.
- Responsible for pricing and regular review of the Purchase Price Variance (PPV) report from SAP to resolve discrepancies related to plant and portfolio sourcing.
- Assist in developing and maintaining a Quality and Supplier Management system for TNA in regards to portfolio, that would include Corrective Action Requests and Supplier Scorecards for plant-related suppliers, and support regional and global Supplier scorecards as well as OTD, RM Specifications, NCM
- Responsible for contract development, routing, implementation, and maintenance with the Global and Regional Sourcing Team as required by internal controls
- Manage portfolio-specific raw materials, supplier relationships, supplier quality management, contracts and negotiations to ensure best total cost of ownership, quality, and on-time delivery and effectively use the RFx process
- Facilitate raw material projects across appropriate plant functional areas from start to completion, to include proper communication to suppliers, identification of metrics with measurement of success.
- Collaborate with appropriate plant functional areas and TNA Sourcing Team members to effectively identify synergies & cost savings opportunities, and drive the opportunities to completion, with measurable revenue recognition.
- Issue daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to management, including budgets, raw material forecasts, cost savings, information regarding cross-plant synergies, purchased volumes, and others as required.
- Work with the Director of Procurement - TNA and plant-related functional areas to support a thorough, efficient and effective contract management process as an opportunity to mitigate risk to the business.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 7-10 years of procurement/sourcing or related experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Proven, strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent and effective written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate across multiple levels of the organization, as well as externally to suppliers and service providers with strong interpersonal effectiveness.
- Solution provider with proven leadership skills.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Understanding of preparing and maintaining budgets.
- Proven project management skills with effective use of resources to take projects to completion with KPI’s that measure project success.
- Ability to work collaboratively and within teams.
- Demonstrated abilities to identify and capture synergies.
- Broad understanding of contracts and laws.
- Masters’ Degree in related field, Chemistry/Chemical Engineering, Petrochemical, Engineering and/or Business background.
- Polymer/Chemical/Engineering experience.
- Excellent influence management.
- Strong working knowledge of SAP.
- Experience with compliance training.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel and Power Point knowledge.
- Understanding and experience of RFx processes.
- Experienced with electronic sourcing and procurement tools – Ariba, Zycus, Auctions, E-events
Come and see how life is at Tarkett! https://careers.tarkett.com
This description is a general statement of duties and responsibilities performed on a regular and continuous basis. This description is not intended to be all inclusive and other related duties may be assigned.