WORKING WITH AEVEX
Becoming part of the AEVEX Aerospace family means joining a highly qualified and dedicated team that appreciates the opportunities and rewards that come with supporting critical, no-fail missions. At AEVEX, you’ll find expertly-credentialed, innovative team players who are the best at what they do and constantly strive to meet high expectations in an ever-changing environment.
AEVEX is looking for an energetic Senior Accountant. We are a rapidly growing and diversifying enterprise. You will be a self-starter and enthusiastic team member eager to learn and grow with the company. Must be a highly efficient and a responsible performer who is reliable and trustworthy.
The ideal person will have a minimum of 3+ years of Accounting experience. Attention to detail and accuracy are absolute requirements. Government contractor or A&D industry experience a real plus, but not a requirement. This is a full-time position.
- Assist with monthly invoice preparation for Cost Plus, T&M and FFP Contracts
- Assist with processing Bi-weekly payroll
- Learn and support ERP systems for time and expense reporting
- Maintain documentation and procedures in accordance with company policies
- As needed, prepare journal entries for month-end closing and prepare month end reconciliations for selected accounts
- Support financial statement preparation and consolidation
Additional Responsibilities May Include:
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Credit card posting and account reconciliations
- Analyze travel expenses; process expense reports
- Prepare, analyze, and report weekly AP payments
- Assume and perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Must have a Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or related discipline
- At least 3+ years of accounting/finance experience preferably in A&D industry
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Unanet, Deltek or other ERP systems experience required
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook) experience required
- Familiarity with GAAP; DFAR a plus
- Must be detail oriented with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work individually and with other team members with minimum supervision
- Ability to obtain a security clearance is a must within 6 months of hire
Our vision is to be the recognized leader in full-spectrum airborne intelligence solutions. We take a long-term view of our relationships within the industry, partnering with our customers to rapidly identify, develop, and deliver tailored solutions for airborne intelligence requirements.
Our culture attracts and retains the very best talent, and we thrive in dynamic mission environments. Whether we are providing flight test support to development of a new collection aircraft; operating a high-priority deployed unmanned aircraft system; or providing post-mission collection analysis for special operators, we follow through and deliver results, every time. We never lose sight of our customer, maximizing the full potential of our end users.
AEVEX Aerospace is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We are committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any status protected by federal, state or local discrimination laws.