Utility Worker - Night Shift
Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
2 months ago(8/28/2019 9:31 AM)
Provide custodial services as assigned to the Einstein community.
- Sweep, mop, and wax floors.
- Empty waste baskets and clean venetian blinds.
- Washing down walls and windows; dusting as needed.
- Heavy vacuuming, cleaning and mopping of all men’s and ladies’ rooms.
- Removal of debris from various areas and buildings; snow removal when required.
- Move furniture, equipment, etc.
- Stock supply rooms as instructed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma required. 0-6 months of experience required.
- Must have experience in general porter duties and knowledge of the proper work procedures and the proper use of equipment.
- Good communication skills and ability to interact with building/office occupants effectively.
- Must be able to physically lift boxes and bulk items such as furniture, supplies, etc. up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to safely operate maintenance equipment with standard training including but not limited to: hand trucks, vacuums, floor burnishers, etc.
- Has a general knowledge of various cleaning/maintenance chemicals and application therein.
- Report needed repairs to supervisor.
- This position will be assigned to the night shift of 3pm to 11pm and/or 2pm to 10pm.
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
We have also been recognized by Forbes as one of the country's best midsize employers in 2019. Forbes ranked Einstein in the top overall nationally among midsize employers. Einstein ranked 3rd within the education category in New York State and 9th nationally among all midsize education employers.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.