Senior Staff Accountant
Einstein/Resnick - Bronx
1 month ago(9/20/2019 1:45 PM)
Reporting to the Controller, the Senior Accountant is responsible for the accurate recording of transactions in the general ledger and account analysis. Participant in monthly close processes, annual close processes, annual financial statement audit, uniform guidance audit and other audits. Assigned complicated accounting areas. Understands how all transactions flow through the books and serves as a resource to other members of the Finance Department.
- Record transactions related to tuition revenue, student receivables and evaluate related reserves. Reconcile general ledger student receivables to subsidiary ledger.
- Maintain Student Finance Interface and tuition tables.
- Prepare tuition revenue budget.
- Prepare monthly financial statements presented by CFO to Board of Directors.
- Maintain and validate Oracle system used for Montefiore Consolidation.
- Record transactions related to pledges and contributions. Reconcile general ledger to Razor’s edge subsidiary ledger used by Development Office. Perform valuation analyses.
- Record transactions related to trusts and split agreements held by others. Perform valuation analyses.
- In addition to area’s cited above, prepare analyses other receivables and prepaid assets.
- Prepare the monthly deposit account bank reconciliation.
- Prepare financial statement exhibits for Form 990. Coordinate with Montefiore Medical Center Tax Department.
- Prepare exhibit for CRAT tax returns. Coordinate with Montefiore Medical Center Tax Department.
- Assist with implementation of Banner Student Information System Module.
- Prepare entries and account analyses for monthly close. Interface with Student Finance, Finance, Development and other Administrative departments.
- Prepare schedules for annual financial statement audits and other audits. Interface with auditors.
Experience and Educational Background
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Five years’ accounting experience.
- Experience with Banner financial systems preferred.
- Experience with student information system interface to the general ledger desirable.
- CPA desirable.
- Outstanding excel skills
Skills and Competencies:
- Must be a “self starter” with strong ability to design processes and resolve problems.
- Proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office products is required.
- Familiarity with Banner preferred
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to work independently or with minimal supervision.
- Speaks clearly and expresses self well in one-on-one conversations and groups.
- Develops effective written communications and uses them appropriately.
- Interacts and proactively shares information with internal and external contacts where appropriate.
- Develops effective relationships with peers, students and employees.
- Assumes responsibility to ensure issues/concerns will be addressed and monitors them through conclusion.
- Identifies, defines and analyzes information and situations before recommending a course of action.
- Effectively manages own time and resources.
- Seeks to apply technology and innovation to improve efficiency and solve problems
Founded in 1955, the Albert Einstein College of Medicine (Einstein) is one of the nation’s premier institutions for medical education, basic research and clinical investigation. A full-time faculty of some 2,000 conducts research, teaches, and delivers health care in every major biomedical specialty. The college has some 730 medical students, 193 Ph.D. students, 106 MD/Ph.D. students and 275 postdoctoral fellows.
Einstein’s major strength, in addition to training physicians and scientists, is its science. During fiscal year 2015, the faculty’s consistently high level of scientific achievement resulted in the awarding of more than $150 million in peer-reviewed grants from the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
Einstein is part of Montefiore Medicine Academic Health System, an integrated academic delivery system comprising seven campuses, including 8 hospitals, a multi-county ambulatory network, a new state-of-the art “hospital without beds”, a skilled nursing facility, school of nursing, home health agency, and the state’s first freestanding emergency department. As the University Hospital for the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore is a premier academic health system, employing Einstein’s clinical faculty and training Einstein’s medical students, over 1,300 residents, 420 allied health students, and 1,600 nursing students annually.
The Albert Einstein College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Einstein seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.