Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant experience, and technology that enables customized outcomes for doctors, hospitals, insurers, and manufacturers. Our team makes the same promise to each other as the one we’ve made to our customers, doctors, and partners: everybody needs some looking after sometimes. We’ll never lose sight of the fact that behind all the craziness of the healthcare system, we’re just people looking after other people. Capsule has raised over $250 million from TCV, Thrive Capital, Glade Brook Capital, and The Virgin Group.
About the Role:
As the Senior Manager, Process Design and Improvement, you will be critical in enabling Capsule’s mission to build a better, nicer, kinder, smarter pharmacy to make life simpler and healthier for everyone. Reporting to the Senior Manager of Continuous Improvement, you will support and lead projects ranging from fulfillment material flows optimization to people and business process improvements. Scope of projects will span from receipt of prescriptions into the Capsule system and business processes therein, to tangible processes of prescription fulfillment and last-mile delivery.
Some of the Things You’ll Work On:
- Recommend and implement changes to site layout, material flow, hardware/software, process design, and labor planning, using data-backed analyses of current shortcomings and scalability
- Own financial planning & analysis (ROI, payback period) of complex projects, making a case for capital expenditure
- Own vendor due diligence, contract negotiation, and implementation of high capital expenditure projects (>$500k)
- Utilize Lean and Six Sigma methodologies and tools to execute process improvements and quantify landed impacts
- Work with business unit leadership to align optimization roadmaps with company and business unit level strategy and OKR’s
- Manage cross-functional project teams, leading process improvements through ideation, pilot, training documentation, implementation, and sustainment
- Ensure infrastructure and process optimizations land with consistency across a national network of Capsule markets
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (ideally Industrial) or related field
- You have 5+ years of experience working in Manufacturing/Process/Industrial Engineering, Process Improvement, or related.
- You possess foundational knowledge and proven experience applying Lean and Six Sigma methodologies
- You have strong data analysis, modeling, and visualization skills (excel, Minitab, looker, etc) and turning complex findings into digestible results
- You have experience working with and influencing senior management level stakeholders
- You have experience with cross-functional project team leadership using structured project management (Gantt, Change Management Plans, Comm Plans, etc)
- You possess strong interpersonal skills: Group facilitation, coaching, communication, and complex analysis presentation
- You have demonstrated the ability to thrive in a high growth, fast-paced business, ideally in a startup or innovative industry
- You are able to travel up to 25% if needed
- Possess a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Skilled in AutoCAD/3D modeling and experienced in working with fabrication vendors and manufacturing system integrators
- Simulation modeling - AnyLogic, Arena, etc.
- Proficiency with SQL