Who We Are
Komodo Health is addressing the global burden of disease through the development of the world's most actionable map of healthcare data. Our solutions drive a more transparent, equitable, efficient and productive healthcare ecosystem through the creation of quantitative solutions to qualitative problems.
As a fast growing startup that has already partnered with multiple Fortune 500 companies, we have very ambitious goals, and oodles of opportunity for our team members to grow themselves while achieving company success. We value our culture of collaboration, encouraging growth, and constructive debate, as well as delivering innovative solutions that “wow“ our customers.
The Opportunity at Komodo Health
Our Senior Data Quality Lead will help create and implement data quality strategy and processes for Komodo. We have a number of people in different teams working on various aspects of data quality, but now need to take this to the next level. As a data-first company, improving data quality at Komodo is a critical need.
We have offices in San Francisco and New York. Both locations are available. This role can accommodate a range of seniority.
As the leader for this critical role you will:
- Own the strategy and execution of data quality efforts across multiple teams.
- Work with data analysts, data qa, and data engineers to implement automated quality checks.
- Work with multiple teams to understand their data quality needs and help prioritize different efforts across the organization.
- Work with data scientists, engineers, and clinical specialists on different teams to understand pain points around data quality and help mitigate them.
- This is a new role for us, so you will help shape it!
What You Bring to Komodo
- 7+ years of professional working experience as a Data Quality Engineer or QA Architect
- Experience leading QA or Data QA across multiple teams, including setting strategy and overseeing execution.
- Background in data analytics, data science or engineering is a huge plus.
- A passion for improving patient care and addressing unmet medical needs
- You know SQL and / or Python.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- You’re a strong communicator, both written and orally.
Nice to Have
- Experience in the Healthcare Industry and expertise in healthcare data, particularly medical, prescription claims and / or Lab data.
- Experience working in a company where data is the product
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS or similar, data warehouses such as snowflake, redshift, and distributed computing and data science / machine learning such as Spark and / or Pandas
- People management experience
Check out these highlights about Komodo Health:
Cholangiocarcinoma Foundation & Komodo Health partner to fight cancer
Komodo Health captures fingerprints to enable precision medicine
At Komodo Health, we don’t just accept difference — we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. Komodo Health is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Komodo Health will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
If you are a recruiter or placement agency, please do not submit resumes to any person or email address at Komodo Health prior to having a signed agreement. Komodo Health is not liable for and will not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved recruitment partners. Furthermore, any resumes sent to us without an agreement in place will be considered your company’s gift to Komodo Health and may be forwarded to our recruiters for their attention.