CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an AEC Professional to serve as a Regional BIM Manager in our firm. We are an integrated global design firm that unites a dynamic team of architects, engineers, strategists, futurists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal - to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The successful candidate will elevate CannonDesign’s level of BIM maturity and focus on constant improvement, development, standardization, support and education to drive efficiency, increased productivity and innovation.
WHAT WILL YOU DO
- Assist project teams with BIM project execution planning at project kickoff and project milestones.
- Advise and help define Level of Development/Detail for deliverables.
- Author and implement standard workflows and processes.
- Identify and assist in creating content to enhance our digital asset and detail libraries.
- Evangelize, educate and support primary design applications.
- Design and deliver educational offerings ranging from essentials to advanced use of Revit at CannonDesign.
- Continuously raise the bar in inclusion and utilization of metadata.
- Champion the 'I' in BIM to leverage data collection and query for purposes of design intelligence, optimization, automation, simulation and downstream exploration for artificial intelligence.
- Perform regular model audits.
- Create software deployment packages and manage software licensing and cloud collaboration platforms.
- Lead and/or participate in various Technology related R+D effort and Special Projects.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelors degree in Architecture, Engineering and/or Interior Design.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in an AEC industry with a working knowledge of all aspects of professional services from planning and schematic design through project close-out, including design and technical expertise preferred.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, strong organizational skills, training design and delivery experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of Revit, AutoCAD, Rhino, Grasshopper, Dynamo, Navisworks and other Design Applications.
- Knowledge of the Revit API is preferred.
- The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, enthusiastic and flexible.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.