About the Organization
Founded in 1992, Apex for Youth delivers possibilities to underserved Asian and immigrant youth in New York City by recruiting volunteers to be positive role models for them. Through our mentoring, educational, and athletic programs for students from 1st through 12th grade, Apex volunteers guide and inspire youth to become confident young adults who are ready for college and give back to the community. Today, Apex serves over 1,000 youth with the help of over 300 volunteers. We are proud of our tremendous growth in recent years and are looking to expand our educational services and the positive impact on our youth.
Apex for Youth is seeking a passionate and motivated professional to join our team. The ideal candidate has demonstrated success in overall program management, including program planning and design, curriculum development, and volunteer management. Prior experience working with youth is required.
Reporting to the Educational Program Manager and Program Directors, the full-time Elementary Coordinator will help provide administration for and implementation of our Saturday educational programs in Sunset Park, Brooklyn. The Elementary Coordinator will work with both the Educational and Mentoring departments.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee project-based curriculum for Apex’s Elementary programs in Sunset Park, Brooklyn to meet 3rd-5th grade NY state ELA and Math proficiency standards and foster social emotional growth and enrichment.
- Provide weekly on-site supervision and support at scheduled Saturday sessions.
- Assist with recruiting, screening, and training volunteers to ensure quality interactions between volunteers and students.
- Maintain positive and collaborative relationships with principals and administrative staff at partner schools.
- Regularly communicate with volunteers and partner schools to monitor students’ performance and progress; document case management notes.
- Collect evaluation data, including surveys to students and volunteers for feedback; implement changes based on evaluations; and generate program reports if needed.
- Participate in Apex organizational events and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in related field with 2+ years of experience leading or designing elementary school educational programs
- Ability to facilitate group sessions
- Excellent organizational skills, including time management and attention to detail
- Strong communication and public speaking skills
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of programs, as well as work with and support a team
- Ability to think quickly and creatively to generate solutions
- Ability to work regularly on Saturdays and occasionally on weeknights for work events
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office and G-suite
- Proficiency and experience with Salesforce helpful
- Fluency in Mandarin helpful
How to Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “FT Elementary Coordinator - YOUR NAME”. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. No mailed applications.
Looking to hire immediately. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.