at Join the Lively team! (View all jobs)
Who we are
Post series A, perfect for startup veterans eager to make an early impact in something big. Leaders from Facebook, Amazon, 1stdibs, Lyft. World-class Advisory board and audiology team. We are passionate about our mission: to democratize, simplify and de-stigmatize the adoption and use of technically advanced hearing aids, empowering more people with hearing loss to hear better.
An estimated 48 million Americans suffer from hearing loss and only 10-15% have treated it. Enter Lively – If you’ve been looking for a well-funded, high-growth company that is also mission-driven, this is it.
Here at Lively we are a passionate team of highly-driven entrepreneurs, designers, clinicians and technologists creating a best-in-class experience to help solve one of America’s greatest healthcare issues – untreated hearing loss. If you’ve been looking for a high growth company that is also mission-driven, this is it.
About the Role
We are looking for an ambitious Lead Mobile Engineering Lead. As an early employee, you’ll have the chance to define and work on the foundational elements of the company and work closely with the founding team. The ideal candidate is passionate about creating a seamless customer experience and is able to drive and execute end-to-end customer journeys within our new native mobile app.
You will plan, architect, build and own our main external-facing iOS and Android apps using React Native, Swift, Android, Relay and GraphQL.
You will partner with our CTO, Head of product and Head of Design to bring our customer touch-points to life and will be responsible for the technical execution of our native mobile app through hands-on development and prototyping. This position reports directly to the CTO.
- Develop E2E cross platform (Android and iOS) app features in React Native
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Integrate Native SDKs in Swift (iOS) and Java (Android)
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines.
- S. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience developing native apps
- 6+ years of experience working as a Front-End Web or Full-Stack Engineer.
- Experience in writing and integrating native code (Objective-C, Swift or Android)
- Familiarity with server-side technologies such as Node.js or Java.
- Demonstrated design and UX sensibilities.
- Experience in CI/CD for native apps, A/B testing, App Performance Optimization a plus!
- Experience in the healthcare space and startup environment is a plus! 3
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Flexible Time Off
- Employee stock incentive
- 401k program
- Monthly pre-tax commuter benefit
- Weekly Company Lunch