RapidSOS is hiring! Join a rapidly growing advanced emergency technology start-up in solving one of the greatest challenges of our generation:
- Challenge: Most emergencies globally are managed via 1960s analog tech (10,000+ fatalities in the US annually when 911 callers can’t even be located) – See John Oliver on the challenge
- Markets: $100B+ spent annually to have data verbally relayed to 911/first responders via private call centers
- Customers/Partners: Apple, Google, Uber, Waze, Microsoft, etc.
- Tech: Integrated into 10K+ public safety software systems – RapidSOS provides a mission-critical voice & data platform for 250M Americans – managing ~150M emergencies annually
- Media: 1,500 news stories in 2018 including most major outlets (Apple Press Release, TechCrunch WSJ, CBS, Today Show, NYT, WIRED, Time, Fortune, Forbes 30U30, etc.)
- Team: 100 people today (primarily engineering) - MIT, Harvard, Stanford, Wharton, Google, Oracle, Microsoft, Argonne & Oak Ridge National Labs, Bell Labs, venture capital, over 40 tech start-ups
- Investors: $85M of capital raised from preeminent global investors including several top VCs, Microsoft, and former leadership of Apple, AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Lucent, Raytheon, and three former FCC Chairmen
- Video: RapidSOS 3-Min Summary Video
What this role is about:
As a Global Expansion Associate, you will support the organization in the expansion of existing international partnerships and the cultivation of new business opportunities around the world. Our B2B and B2G efforts are focused on signing and executing deals across critical sectors in big tech, telecom, and public safety internationally. This role will work on both developing new business opportunities around the world and developing our growing team’s strategy and operations.
You’ll work with the team to oversee the expansion of RapidSOS solutions globally, working with our strategic corporate partners and Public Safety stakeholders, to ensure life-saving data is available when and where it's needed most. The primary stakeholders you will be working with include RapidSOS’s strategic global partners, emergency technology software providers, and federal/local government agencies. In this role, you’ll also collaborate with teams across the organization, including corporate development, public safety, marketing, and engineering to drive projects and expansion opportunities.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strategy: Support the company leadership in executing strategic plans for global expansion
- Operations: Defining our end-to-end global operations, including sales, integrations, and deployments
- Presentations: Create and deliver compelling presentations via in-person meetings, conferences, and phone
- End-to-end project management: Support high profile launches with technology partners and government agencies
- Cross-functional: Communicate frequently with technology and public safety partners and collaborate across all teams (product, engineering, marketing)
- Travel: Occasionally travel for in-person meetings and on-site support for new deployments
- Business development and research: Identify and source new opportunities to expand RapidSOS solutions throughout the region (both corporate partners and government agencies)
What We Offer
- An amazing opportunity to join at the ground floor of a high-growth tech start-up making an impact on humanity and leading innovation in the public safety space
- Platform to grow within a rapidly-growing organization and work across multiple teams
- Opportunity to create high impact work and help shape the global expansion of the company
- Flexible New York City startup work environment alongside a dynamic team
- Highly self-motivated, strong work ethic and ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication and client-facing skills and comfortable working with senior executives and government officials
- A strategic, analytical, and highly organized approach to projects
- High attention to detail with polished visual, written, and oral presentation skills - fluency in Excel and PowerPoint
- Bachelor's Degree and 3-4+ years of experience in business, operations or international roles at a leading technology company
- Ability to travel (including relevant passport/visa requirements) outside of the United States
- (Optional) Business-proficient in Spanish; proficiency in other languages is a plus!
If you're curious to learn more about RapidSOS, you can check out our full press list!
RapidSOS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.