Common is the nation’s leading residential brand offering convenience and community through coliving and traditional apartments. Our signature approach to end-to-end property management and technology offerings allows us to deliver unparalleled experiences across 27 buildings, 6 cities, and over 800 members. Common is the preferred choice for both residents looking for a stress-free and all-inclusive living environment, and for real estate owners seeking reliable, above-market returns. Launched in October 2015, we now operate homes in New York City, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Seattle, and Washington, D.C. and receive over 3,000 new member applications per week.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Common’s team. We challenge ourselves every day not just to think about ways to make city living better, but to activate on those ideas in meaningful ways. Our team is comprised of real estate professionals, designers, engineers, salespeople, marketers, client service representatives, and so much more. We work collaboratively, value self-startership, and embrace a “whatever it takes” mentality to ensure our work is done and done well.
Common was founded by General Assembly co-founder Brad Hargreaves and has raised over $65MM in venture funding.
About the Role
We are looking for an IT Administrator reporting to our Senior Director of People Operations who will manage our internal IT needs. This is a great opportunity to join a fast-growing company and be an integral part of building systems and processes to help us scale.
- Plan, manage and provision all office hardware and software
- Work with People Operations team to onboard and offboard employee devices, programs, and accounts
- Oversee escalation path for all technology issues, being the point of contact for Mac and PC helpdesk support
- Implement a ticketing system and refine our inventory management system
- Troubleshoot hardware issues, including employee requests and office hardware
- Implement and maintain anti-virus, personal firewall, backup, archiving and other IT standards
- Manage A/V equipment and videoconferencing equipment in the corporate office
- Liaise with IT vendors and suppliers
- Work closely with managers to address the technology needs of the business
- Actively seek, design, implement and monitor IT processes to ensure continuous improvement and enhancement of employee experience and operations as we scale
- & other ad hoc projects from time to time
- Strong understanding of WIndows and MacOS operating systems and associated hardware and software
- A minimum of 3+ years experience in an IT capacity
- Scrappy and resourceful problem solver
- A team player with a “can-do” attitude
- Travel may be required based on business needs
- Emotional Intelligence
- BA/BS Degree