About the Organization
The mission of Apex for Youth is to deliver possibilities to underserved Asian and immigrant youth from low-income families in NYC. A non-profit organization based in Manhattan, Apex serves students from 1st to 12th grade in New York City through educational, after-school, athletic, and middle school/high school mentoring programs.
We provide youth/teens with opportunities to develop strong relationships with adults who volunteer as consistent and caring mentors, tutors, and coaches. Ultimately, Apex for Youth aims to nurture youth/teens who will become Apex volunteers themselves in the future: confident, college-ready individuals who also seek to give back to their community one day.
Community Manager is a newly created individual contributor role that partners closely with both Program and Development teams, with main goal of creating positive experiences for Apex for Youth's network of volunteers. This is a hybrid role that combines community management and marketing, and oversees the end to end volunteer experience from recruiting to ongoing retention.
If you are youth-centered, mission-driven, and passionate about building genuine human relationships, we’d love to hear from you!
- Responsible for managing Apex’s volunteer network, take a customer oriented approach to provide prospective volunteers/volunteers with a positive experience in their interactions with APEX for Youth
- Evaluate and redesign end to end volunteer application process to increase volunteer conversion rate
- Partner with Program Managers, ensuring Program volunteer needs are met. Seek to understand program needs, proactively recruit and funnel volunteers into appropriate programs
- Lead volunteer recruitment efforts across marketing channels, manage digital agency and vendors
- Manage apexforyouth.org site, ensuring periodic updates are reflected accurate on site
- Responsible for applicant email communications, ensuring applications have transparency and clarity on application process, timeline, and level of commitment
- Manage volunteer background check process, ensure the required due diligence process is smooth and on track
- Manage volunteer database (Salesforce); track, measure, and implement success metrics. Partner w/ Analyst to generate monthly reporting and conduct relevant surveys as needed
- Partner with Development team to create a strategy to convert volunteers into donors, and/or plan events and programs that drive volunteer recruitment, retention or experience
- Interface with Associate Board on relevant volunteer recruitment efforts
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years relevant experience in Community management and/or Marketing
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to create genuine relationships
- Positive and bright disposition with “can do” attitude
- Proactive nature and self starter, ability to problem solve autonomously
- Ability and willingness to attend evening and weekend events on a regular basis