Functional Title: Communications Intern
Department: Human Resources and Legal
About Davidson Kempner: Davidson Kempner Capital Management is a global institutional investment management firm with over $34 billion in assets under management. The Firm is based in New York with additional offices in Philadelphia, London, Hong Kong, and Dublin. The Firm uses a fundamental analysis, bottom-up approach to make its investments with a focus on five investment strategies with a particular focus on distressed investments and merger arbitrage.
About the Opportunity: Davidson Kempner is proud of the core values on which it was built and the integrity with which it operates. The Firm has been an institution that values high performance and a positive environment. The Firm has always held that its actions and outcomes speak for themselves though as it has continued to grow – in both size and complexity – there has been an organic desire for more deliberate communications about its core values and principles and articulating a broader narrative – including what it stands for beyond the business model and track record of success. The communications efforts are underlined by a goal of driving increased cohesion, collaboration and camaraderie across its entire employee footprint.
About the Role and Responsibilities: The Firm is looking to hire an intern to support the development and execution of a comprehensive internal and external communications program. The program is intended to engage and inform employees while articulating the Firm’s employee value proposition, including building on its culture and values and proactively managing its reputation across all channels and platforms.
The summer intern will be responsible for working with the Director of Communications on internal and external communications efforts, including:
- Assist in the development of various internal content as well as document proofreading and fact-checking
- Support ongoing internal communications initiatives to inform employees
- Assist in preparing Firm leadership for various speaking and presentation opportunities both internally and externally
- Undergo full review and evaluation of Firm’s current communications efforts and advise on strategic and operational efficiencies to increase productivity and speed of deliverables
- Support external public relations and branding agencies
- Monitor and circulate traditional media coverage to manage external reputational matters
Ideal Candidate Qualifications:
Undergraduate candidate for 2021/2022 with a 3.2 GPA or higher
- Excellent written communications and presentation skills with an emphasis on the ability to draft articulate and concise content and thoughtfully develop presentations
- Understanding of financial services industry
- Solid understanding of the media landscape both domestically and globally
- Ability to execute independently and work cross-functionally
- Detail-oriented, organized, responsive and communicative
- Humble, positive, curious, creative and determined