WHAT’S OUR STORY
Engine Shop is a global sports and entertainment marketing agency built for the modern era of engagement. We specialize in connecting our clients with their audiences through the passion points of sports, music, film, television, gaming and arts and culture. Through live experiences, content and branded entertainment, we create meaningful engagements that drive our clients’ business objectives.
But that’s not our only focus. Our culture is a consideration in everything we do; from our casual work environments to our creative benefits and our acclaimed annual retreat. It’s a part of how we treat one another, how we have each other’s backs and how we welcome people who are different. We know work must fit in to life and life into work.
WHAT’S YOUR STORY
You love people, especially meeting them and talking to them. You’re competitive and always strive for the best. You spark interest from crowds with your energy. You see challenges and continually seek to improve. You like working the off shift – this isn’t your typical 9-5 job – you will work nights and weekends. You’re the one to drop everything and navigate to the hottest bar for the night.
Engine Shop is looking for a Brand Activation Manager (BAM) to work hand-in-hand with our account team, production managers, distributors, bartenders, bar owners and is accountable for growing and retaining the spirit brands customer base and building more brand awareness. The role is the right-hand to Engine Shop’s Director. The BAM has a full grasp on all things spirits and all things San Diego and will use their area expertise to transform concepts into reality.
FUNCTIONS + RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage prospective consumers onsite during key marketing events and be the voice of the brand, constantly engaging both consumers and retail personnel to increase sales of the product.
- Ride with State Managers, Area Managers and distributor sales representatives weekly, providing the opportunity to assist State Managers and Area Managers representation of our Spirits clients portfolio, and observe market activity.
- Assist with meetings of key on -premise accounts within the assigned area to develop strong working relationships.
- Activate events in San Diego, as well as support to national initiatives, leading marketing efforts from grass root sampling to events
- Responsible for sales objectives, including basic account management, new distribution, drink features and program development & execution
- Measure client success with the use of Data Capture units onsite at events
- Complete administrative duties in a timely and efficient manner (budget reconciliation, timesheets, expense reports, evaluations, etc.)
- Complete & submit post event recaps to include measurement data, list of objectives, accomplishments, competitive activities, special projects and/or any needs.
- Provide timely, accurate post-event reporting via an online reporting system
- Stay informed of customer and consumer trends; develop programs to capitalize on such trends
- Mix cocktails to sample brand at local on-premise accounts per instruction of Market Manager
- Provide market and competitive brand updates to supervisor to include timely and accurate communication of changing field conditions that may affect volumes as well as staffing changes at distributors and competitors.
- Exceed liquor sales goals within designated market
- Provide feedback on marketing effectiveness and sales initiatives for programs, POS, advertising, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Undergraduate BA/BS degree with 2-3 years of related experience
- Based in San Diego area
- Previous bartending experience is a plus but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively with executives, employees, vendors and customers (both internal and external) at all levels of the organization, in person, via telephone and email or other written correspondence.
- Proven ability to independently balance multiple projects successfully and drive collaboration across multiple outlets
- Ability to analyze available information for the purposes of preparing reports, coordinating efforts and solving problems.
- Prior off-premise liquor sampling experience, on-premise a plus
- Strong knowledge of liquor category, including cocktailing
- Proven sales skills, ideally within beer/wine/spirits
- Valid US driver’s license & clean record with reliable transportation
- Reliability, punctuality (no tolerance for “no call, no shows”)
- Reliable access to a computer
- Friendly, professional demeanor
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical and dental benefits
- 401K + company match
- Flex vacation policy
ENGINE SHOP IS NOT YOUR TYPICAL AGENCY.
We are looking for great people who are passionate about what they do. People who understand the value of hard work, are willing to get their hands dirty and enjoy the process as much as the result. People who love working on a team. People with a make it happen and get it done attitude. People who, no matter what the level, are thinkers and leaders. No two gears are the same but they all fit together to make an unstoppable machine here at Engine Shop.
In return, our promise to you is what we’ll work tirelessly to create opportunities for your professional and personal development while communicating with transparency about the company you’ve chosen to work for.
Our people are why Engine Shop has been consistently named a “Best Place To Work” by Ad Age and Event Marketer.