CannonDesign has an exciting opportunity for an Architectural Designer based in our New York City office. If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you.
ABOUT OUR FIRM
We are an integrated global design firm that unites a diverse team of architects, engineers, constructors, builders, strategists, researchers, and industry specialists driven by a singular goal – to help solve our clients' and society's greatest challenges.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The ideal candidate will be part of a multi-disciplinary team providing architectural support in the areas of design, selection, coordination and detailing of architectural materials and systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist with conceptual design, construction documents, material research, code analysis and preliminary specifications.
- Review shop drawing submittals under the direction of the Project Architect.
- Prepare and develop elevations, wall sections and section details.
- Communicate with other disciplines to ensure coordination of project documents.
- Attend and actively participate in project team meetings.
ABOUT YOUR QUALIFICATIONS
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor of Architecture from an accredited program required. Master of Architecture from an accredited program preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of related work experience required.
- Previous experience on mid-to-large scale science & technology and/or education projects preferred.
- Proficiency with Revit is required.
- Proficiency in InDesign, Photoshop, Bluebeam Studio and other graphics/design applications a plus.
- A strong creative design portfolio is essential, as are strong communication, teamwork, presentation, graphics, organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects.
ABOUT WORKING HERE
- We are relentless in our pursuit of client adoration (not simply satisfaction). Consistent delivery of the best service is what we are about.
- We know you have a life outside of the office. That’s why we offer the convenience of flexible scheduling, including the ability to work remotely on occasion
- We are committed to ensuring our practice is equitable for all employees, representative of the communities around us – and focused on the future of design We advocate for equity, diversity and inclusion efforts through the leadership of our Diversity + Inclusion Council, Women’s Forum, and other community advocacy initiatives
- We’re about communication and transparency here. If you want to talk to someone about an idea you have, or a challenge that needs addressing, we’re ready for you.
- The NEXT Council is a group of dynamic, multi-faceted employees that collaborates closely with firm leadership. Together, council members act as a catalyst for our practice’s evolution – a think tank for innovation, improvement and growth.
Please note that candidates can only apply to our positions on our company Careers site. It's not uncommon for scammers to create positions that look legitimate on other sites; never enter your information or apply for CannonDesign positions on any platform. Should an issue arise that you feel we should be aware of, please contact us. Please provide your resume and portfolio when applying.
As a condition of employment, all employees are expected to complete mandatory training, including compliance training, within required timeframes and adhere to our internal policies and our Code of Conduct.
CannonDesign recognizes the value of diversity in our workforce. We are committed to equal opportunity. We consider all qualified employment applicants without regard to race, religion, color, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, partnership status, protected veteran status, disability, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Individuals who hold legal work authorization applicable to employment at CannonDesign in the United States will be considered without regard to citizenship/alienage.