About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About El Paso
In 2018, IDEA launched 4 schools that support our promise of college for all students in the El Paso region. El Paso has consistently been rated as one of the safest cities in the United States of America for over 20 consecutive years. In addition to this ranking, El Paso was also selected as a 2018 All-America City, earned the Governor's Achievement Award, and was named the fifth-best small city in America.
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In 2020, we will grow to 8 schools serving El Paso and Socorro.
IDEA 6th/7th grade Science teachers are responsible for the increasing student achievement and mastery of grade level content. Science Teachers deliver both the 6th and 7th grade Science contents. 6th/7th grade Science teachers at IDEA provide the foundational science understanding that students will need as science subject areas advance. Teachers are tasked with delivering quality content instruction, relevant experimental practice, and supports that facilitate student learning and comprehension, playing a critical role in students’ path to and through college.
- Implement state learning standards and IDEA curricula and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
- Learn, master, and deliver content and grade level curriculum, core content objectives, and texts
- Submit weekly lesson plans for both 6th and 7th grade Science two weeks in advance for feedback
- Implement formal and informal assessments to track each individual student’s progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update gradebook weekly
- Communicate students’ progress with student and family on a weekly basis
- Effective facilitation and personal use of technology as a communication and educational tool to improve student achievement and manage work related tasks.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Host necessary tutoring sessions to meet all students’ needs
- Participate in weekly manager check-ins, grade-level meetings, before and after-school duties, and school wide meetings and functions
- Engage in summer and year-long district, school and personal learning and development
- Minimum of 40+ hours spent at school per week
- Additional responsibilities may include: after-school tutoring or Saturday school and are based on the needs of our scholars
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution
- Experience: Experience in a classroom setting preferred
- Licenses or Certifications: State certification preferred but not required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Aligned or relevant coursework that indicates experience or exposure to the Science content
- Knowledge of core academic subject assigned and ability to pass a grade level aligned IDEA content assessment
- Basic knowledge of curricula and instructional practices or implementation
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Click here for the Teacher Salary Schedule.
- This role is also eligible for various stipend opportunities and incentives through our Teacher Career Pathway. For more information about our total rewards, visit our benefits page.
- Additional hourly compensation is provided for after school tutoring or Saturday school as assigned