The Process Engineer will work in concert with Manufacturing, R&D, Central Engineering, and other critical functional areas on key business projects with a specific focus on process improvement through process engineering activities and tools. The Process Engineer will plan and conduct experiments for current and future production processes and will have an active role in key platform development projects. Further, the Process Engineer will leverage data science tools for process modeling to achieve continual improvement in plant process KPI's. The Process Engineer will lead/assist in cost reduction initiatives, capital projects, and World Class Manufacturing.
- Design and implement sustained processes and improvements for new and existing products, including documentation, visual management and training.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Manufacturing personnel on the production floor to identify opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions.
- Maintain technical competence and keep informed on new developments in materials, process technology, and product applications to assure the most appropriate methods and materials are used.
- Troubleshoot processing problems for areas of responsibility, and implementing control & reaction procedures for operators.
- Plan and conduct experiments on current production processes and engineering improvements to characterize process windows.
- Train and develop Manufacturing facility talent in new product process tooling and equipment.
- Coach/Mentor the plant Process Technician.
- Data collection, analysis and presentation of results/recommendations to leadership team and R&D.
- Deliver on SPG cost reduction initiatives.
- Provide process documentation and operating instructions.
- Perform process simulations.
- Assure Process Standardization to minimize variation.
- Execute Data Science projects
- Coordinate Plant's WCM (World Class Manufacturing) Journey
- 5S implementation coordination/leadership
- WCM Pillar coordination with plant functional leaders
- Coordinate the Cost Deployment process with the controller
- Prioritize cost savings opportunities & align resources with Plant Manager
- Assure an effective project execution process is in place to have projects deliver on-time with defined savings
- Lead Policy Deployment for the plant, aligned with the Siding Group's Policy Deployment
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, Electrical, or Chemical Engineering with minimum 3-5 years of progressive engineering experience in Research & Development or manufacturing environment though permanent employment or internship(s).
- Must possess the ability to; (1) understand new concepts quickly; (2) determine the appropriate approach; (3) organize, schedule and coordinate work; and (4) communicate results or progress effectively.
- Experience in process engineering and leading project teams in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong Technical writing skills.
- Green Belt/Black Belt strongly preferred.
- Extremely proficient in statistical analysis of data with both Minitab and Excel.
- Self-motivated and hands-on.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Word, Access, Project and PowerPoint.
Who are we ?
Through the responsible development of innovative and sustainable building products, CertainTeed, headquartered in Malvern, Pennsylvania, has helped shape the building products industry for more than 110 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm's slogan “Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed,“ inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed is a leading North American brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, insulation, drywall and ceilings.
A subsidiary of Saint-Gobain, one of the world's largest and oldest building products companies, CertainTeed has more than 6,300 employees and more than 60 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada. www.certainteed.com
Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.