Registry Medical Assistant,Ortho - Sports Med, 7:30-4pm, Executive Park, Smyrna
- Performs assigned patient care and observation duties under the direction of a licensed provider, RN or LPN.
- Responsible for routine clinical duties such as taking vital signs, administering a limited profile of medications per The Emory Clinic approved policy, performing simple diagnostic tests, collecting specimens, drawing blood, sterilizing and cleaning equipment and maintaining examination rooms in an outpatient care setting.
- As part of a patient focused service, promotes a supportive and healing environment to enhance customer and staff satisfaction.
- Assists in emergency situations as directed by an licensed provider, RN or LPN. May also be responsible for some administrative duties in support of patient and practice operations including patient check in/out, responding to patient requests, reinforcing patient and family education and visitor/telephone reception.
- Maintains patients' charts and records data, ensuring proper identification, documentation, routing and confidentiality.
- Maintains a clean and healthy environment in compliance with Universal Precaution guidelines and safety standards. Orders, verifies and stores unit supplies. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- All duties and patient interaction performed in accordance with Emory Healthcare patient and family centered care standards.
- May participate in research projects impacting patient care areas. Performs related responsibilities as required. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Basic computer skills required.
- One year work experience preferred.
- Certificate verifying successful completion of a medical assistant training program from an accredited school.
- Current Health Care Provider (CPR) certification is required for hire and must be renewed throughout employment.
- Must successfully complete all medical assistant orientation and training requirements including certification and annual skills competency. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: 1-10 lbs 0-33% of the work day (occasionally), negligible 34-66% of the workday (frequently), negligible 67-100% of the workday (constantly). Lifting 10 lbs max, carrying of small articles such as dockets, ledgers, files, small tools, occasional standing & walking, frequent sitting, close eye work (computers, typing, reading, writing), Physical demands may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks. ENVIRONMENTAL FACTORS: Factors affecting environment conditions may vary depending on the assigned work area and tasks. Environmental exposures include, but are not limited to: Blood-borne pathogen exposure, Bio-hazardous waste. chemicals/gases/fumes/vapors, communicable diseases, electrical shock, floor surfaces, hot/cold temperatures, indoor/outdoor conditions, latex, lighting patient care/handling injuries, radiation, shift work, travel may be required, use of personal protective equipment, including respirators, environmental conditions may vary depending on assigned work area and work tasks.