Bus / Van Driver
Whisper Woods of Smithtown, a Benchmark Senior Living Community, is currently seeking a per diem Van Driver.
The Van Driver is responsible for providing transportation for community residents. S/he assists in planning, coordinating, and implementing all activities requiring van transportation as appropriate.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Maintains vehicles in accordance with warranty requirements and/or internal maintenance plan to ensure safe, working order
* Represents the community with a positive attitude and pride when interacting with potential residents and families
* Develops and practices the "30-second commercial' and uses it to greet visitors
* Monitors individual resident needs in ambulation
* Must be hands-on with residents getting into and out of van to ensure their safety
* Acts as Activity Assistant when on excursions; stays with group at all times except for when parking the van
* Assists in planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating activities
* Participates in in-service training as required by state regulations
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Must have a valid CDL License
* F Endorsement PSL
* Maintains a high level of confidentiality regarding residents, staff, and the community
* Maintains a current understanding of procedures if an accident should occur with the van, with or without residents on board
* Follows proper reporting procedures
Demonstrates ability to set priorities
* Completes assignments in a timely manner while managing multiple duties and responsibilities
* Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to work in an environment that promotes teamwork and collaboration
* Demonstrates innovation and creativity
* Has patience, high energy, and resourcefulness in problem solving
* Physical stamina and ability to assist residents or lift residents where needed and in emergencies.
We believe in offering our employees competitive pay. To learn more about our pay and benefits, please apply today!