Columbia Gas, a NiSource company, is seeking dependable full-time Customer Service Representatives with a strong work ethic that demonstrates a customer service focus who can communicate and relate well with others. There will be a full range of opportunities which include diverse, detailed, complex responsibilities. This position responds to a full range of customer telephone inquiries related to their utility bills, service order inquiry/requests, connect, transfer of service, and/or emergency calls.
The selected candidates must possess an enthusiasm for learning along with good problem-solving, conflict resolution and math skills.
Additional responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Processing billing calls; investigate meter read and other requests relating to billing accuracy or payment.
- Handling emergency calls
- Processing customer move-ins, adds and transfers.
- Processing refunds, compensation requests and changes to accounts.
- Routing escalated customer issues for resolution.
- Making referrals and processing requests regarding special programs such as Energy Assistance, CRISIS, Dollar Energy or other programs, as necessary
- Processing order inquiry calls, initiate service orders, and provide service order status updates.
- Assisting customers with credit/payment arrangements
- Directing customers to the appropriate self-service channels as necessary
- Meeting individual deadlines, metrics and team goals
- Multi-tasking while effectively focusing on priority issues
- Working cooperatively in a group environment to achieve common goals
Required for Selection:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year of Customer service experience.
- Above average knowledge and ability of PC skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Customer Focus
- Performance Focus
- Solving Problems
- Respecting Others
- Working with Others
- Confidence Communication
- Working Pro-actively
All Customer Service Representative calls are recorded for quality assurance.
Attendance is closely monitored.
Inclusion & Diversity
Value inclusion within your day to day responsibilities by respecting others perspectives/convictions, engaging others opinions, creating a safe environment where people, ideas, and opinions are valued within your Team/Customers and external partners.
Respect and take into consideration diversity within your Team/Customers and external work partners by valuing different world views, challenges, and cultures that represent all walks of life and all backgrounds.
Treat others with respect and consideration. Actively participate in creating and contributing to a positive work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Columbia Gas, a NiSource company, is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in each of its companies to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, veteran status, disability, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any protected group status as defined by law. Each employee is expected to abide by this principle.
By applying, you may be considered for other job opportunities.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please apply on-line at careers.nisource.com
Starting rate of pay is $14.50 per hour.