Position Summary: Designs and fabricates basic fixtures, repair and maintain injection molds, and machine components used in the manufacture of the Slatersville facility products.
- This position utilizes tool design skill and experience to plan, construct and repair a wide variety of basic tools, and fixtures used in the manufacture of the Slatersville facility products.
- As required, works with blueprints, verbal instructions in developing appropriate tool designs.
- Works to close tolerances on the majority of work assignments.
- Sets up and operates a wide variety of basic and advanced machines including but not limited to surface grinders, OD/ID grinders, milling machines, lathes, CNC EDMs necessary to execute tool/machine repair designs.
- Program, set up and operate CNC milling machines. Create toolpaths from CNC programs such as Auto Cad, Solid Works and BobCad.
- In performing assigned duties, utilizes a variety of measuring instruments such as micrometers, indicators and calipers. Repairs all molds, using basic and advanced equipment.
- Capable of evaluating and repairing all mold problems.
- Responsible for performing visual inspections therefore ensuring that tools/parts produced are in conformance with quality requirements.
- Maintains injection molds, which includes cleaning the molds, troubleshoots and repairs all molds, maintains and repairs Toolroom machines, and disassemble, clean and evaluate repairs as necessary.
- Performs general housekeeping duties including, but not limited to sweeping and trash removal, cleaning plastic from molds and equipment cleaning.
- Maintains a neat and orderly work area, keeping walkways and aisles clear.
- In performing assigned duties, walking, standing, crouching, squatting, kneeling, reaching and lifting are all required motions and actions of the job.
- When work in primary classification is not available, may perform other duties according to skill and availability.