LanzaTech is turning our global carbon crisis into a feedstock opportunity, with the potential to displace 30% of crude oil use today and reduce global CO2 emissions by 10%. LanzaTech's carbon recycling technology is like retrofitting a brewery onto a steel mill's emission source, and instead of using sugars and yeast to brew beer, bacteria ferments pollution into products! Imagine a day when you can power a plane by recycled carbon emissions and when your yoga pants or sneakers started life as pollution from a steel mill. This future is possible using LanzaTech technology. The world's first commercial facility converting steel mill waste gases to fuels started operations in China in 2018 and LanzaTech has an additional 4 commercial projects in the pipeline, in India, Belgium, South Africa, and California. In 2018, Virgin Atlantic used LanzaTech fuel in a world first commercial flight from Orlando to London.
In 2019, LanzaTech was named to Fast Company's prestigious annual list of the World's Most Innovative Companies for 2019. Ranking #1 in the Energy Category and #27 overall. In addition, LanzaTech was recognized as the #1 Hottest company in the Advanced Bioeconomy for the fourth time by Biofuels Digest, the world's most widely-read bioeconomy daily. The company has also been inaugurated into the Cleantech100 Hall of Fame, having been listed in the top 100 cleantech companies for 7 years straight. LanzaTech was also the top biofuels company in the 2018 CNBC Disruptor 50 Companies list.
About the role:
We are looking for a reliable handyman to join our maintenance department. This 30 hours per week role with full benefits requires high-touch internal customer service and a willingness to undertake a wide range of everyday facilities duties as assigned. This is a great role for someone looking to work in a corporate environment during standard business hours
- Responsible for receipt and delivery of gas bottles to the laboratory.
- Dispose HPLC and other laboratory waste in accordance with established procedures.
- Minor repair of fixtures and fittings including desks, tables and chairs as appropriate.
- Install, rebuild, rearrange or move meeting room and office furniture.
- Relocate and setup laboratory equipment and appliances as required.
- Receive large deliveries including unpacking, transfer and setup.
- Cleaning and/or remedial painting of IDEA walls.
- Assist maintenance personnel with electrical, plumbing and equipment repair.
- Undertake other general handyman duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as handyman.
- Competent at basic repairs and maintenance.
- Well-organized and skilled in problem-solving.
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment.
- Basic understanding of electrical and plumbing systems.
- Must be safety minded.
- Must have good communication skills.
- Able to regularly handle/carry heavy items.