Welcome to the Post Pollution Future with LanzaTech
A post-pollution world is inevitable, and people will either be part of it, or the planet will go on without us. At LanzaTech, our technology platform is transforming waste carbon into everyday products, to meet the needs of this moment. Our science is state-of-the-art, but the idea is simple. We use nature to heal nature. We capture carbon emissions which are then fed into bioreactors where trillions of carbon-hungry microbes go to work. These tiny dynamos consume the waste gases and produce valuable raw material commodities. Pure enough to be resold, repurposed, and recycled again from sustainable jet fuel to beverage bottles, to yoga pants.
Founded in New Zealand, we are a global women-led company with an international footprint and a diverse employee population. Diversity, Equity & Inclusion are a key part of our mission and core values which we show through our hiring, our leadership, our efforts to educate internally and willingness to learn.
In addition, we have announced our plan to merge with AMCI Acquisition Corp. II and expect to become a publicly traded company on Nasdaq. Come join the team as we strive to make a Post Pollution Future!
Exciting collaborations with LanzaTech (LT) CarbonSmartTM Products:
- 2022 Coty, Inc. LT recycled carbon ethanol to be used in majority of fragrance portfolio by 2023
- 2021 ZARA cutting edge, high fashion black dresses made from LT recycled carbon
- 2021 lululemon sports apparel made from LT Recycled carbon
- 2021 LOral partnership to make packaging with LT recycled carbon
- 2021 Biofuels Digest #1 Hottest Company in Renewable Fuels, Chemicals & Biomaterials
- 2020 Biofuels Digest #3 Best Company to work for in the Advanced Bioeconomy
- 2020 Fast Company World Changing Company
- 2020 CNBC #43 on Top 50 Disrupter Companies list
Interested in learning more? Visit us at www.LanzaTech.com and download/stream our latest CarbonSmartTM Podcast on Apple, Google, Spotify or wherever you receive your podcasts!
This position is open to candidates authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis for any employer. LanzaTech is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status.
About the role:
LanzaTech is looking for a motivated, high energy, well-organized, collaborative Engineering Manager for its innovative Gas Fermentation process development and global commercialization efforts. This person will need to possess the skills to manage a team execute complex projects and a desire to deliver outstanding work products to clients. Will be responsible for process engineering design and development of information and deliverables for all project phases (concept innovation, technoeconomic evaluations, feasibility studies). This will include collaborating with internal and external partners to deliver and evaluate new process and project innovations, technology partnerships, process mass & energy balances, utility consumption, input for life cycle and sustainability analyses. The ultimate goal is to create and deliver continuous technology improvement and translate into new proposals and projects, such as feasibility and techno economic studies, as well as licensing and process engineering design packages for customers and partners.
- Lead small team of global process engineers to accomplish process design and development project activities (including new process designs, back of the envelope calculations, techno economic evaluations, process descriptions, process flow diagrams, feasibility studies)
- Represent LanzaTechs process capabilities externally, working internally and externally to deliver technical solutions to meet the customers needs for sustainable fuels and chemicals.
- Successfully execute projects internationally to meet global process, safety, government and regulatory standards and requirements
- Collaborate across R&D and engineering teams to deliver new solutions and apply those to deliver new proposals working with the business development and government teams
- Ensure quality through the implementation of rigorous team and project management and design reviews
- Mentor and technically develop team of process engineers, manage their workflow, and regularly review the work product to continually raise the bar for excellence
- Provide technical expertise across the LanzaTech organization
- 10 years work experience, excluding degree periods, in petrochemical, bioprocess, refining, or chemical industry environments
- Prior experience in managing a team with a diverse workload
- Advanced knowledge and demonstrated experience in successfully applying the fundamentals of Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering to modeling or implementation of industrial scale projects, including: Fluid Dynamics, Chemistry, Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer, Process Unit Operations and Separations, Basic Reaction Kinetics, Reactor Design, Material and Heat Balances, and Reaction Mechanisms
- Processing experience at both R&D and industrial scales is required
- Experience developing process engineering designs for petrochemical, bioprocess, refining, or chemical industrial manufacturing processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to internal and external stakeholders
- Experience in writing and delivering proposals and reports for government and businesses
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Effective organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- MS or PhD in Chemical Engineering or Bioengineering is preferred but consideration will be given to other engineering degrees based on actual experience