Requisition Number: USERA05200
The User Acceptance Test Lead is responsible for defining and executing the functional and acceptance testing strategy required to validate technical solutions architected by the engineering teams. The role will analyze product requirements against technical specifications and ensure solution conformity to the expectations of the client-facing teams (Field Operations and Customer Support)
- Coordinate end-to-end testing strategy with Engineering, QA, Client Experience, Field Operations, and Customer Care.
- Develop test plans through careful analysis of business requirements and engagement with project team members and subject matter experts.
- Ensure testing adheres to company, department, and customer goals and objectives to provide a quality and seamless implementation of changes/enhancements.
- Document, track and oversee the correction of issues uncovered during testing.
- Develop and execute User Acceptance Testing (UAT) plan for Data, Voice & Video products.
- Review Engineering’s architecture designs and defining systems integration requirements to understand the functional and technical requirements.
- Compile, track, and report test results daily through calculation of pass/fail statistics versus test expectations. Fully and accurately document all fail cases incurred, up to and including resolution.
- Troubleshoot and identify root cause of all issues incurred to suggest options for resolution as needed. Identify, report, and test for resolution of defects.
- Effectively communicate information to both technical and non-technical internal groups.
- Summarize and present testing reports to project team and department leaders.
- Orchestrate field testing with Engineering and Field Operations.
- Audit Engineering technical guides and create product/solution Release Guides (product documentation).
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco’s privacy guidelines to ensure each customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required by your position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and strategies, initiatives and projects of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco. Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility, and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem-solving, critical-thinking and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Multi-task without the loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner that develops positive relationships with team members, customer and leadership.
- Adhere to and actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- 5+ years of experience designing and executing testing strategies across multiple OSS/BSS required.
- 5+ years of applied experience in at least 2 of the following fields required: Networking, Video/IPTV, VoIP required.
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related field (Computer Science, Information System/Technology, Electrical Engineering) required.
- Technology certifications (Network+, CCNA, MEF) preferred.
- Project management skills preferred.
- Knowledge of at least one development methodology (SDLC, PDLC, SAFe, AGILE) required.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and perform well as part of a team.
- Experience with Multiple Systems Operator (MSO) environment preferred.
- Knowledge of scripting language preferred.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL & MENTAL QUALIFICATOINS:
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- Required to periodically travel to other Midco locations and trade and industry shows.
- In-person visits to a customer’s place of business are normal in the performance of this job. Specific abilities required include accessing a customer's place of business by stairs or elevator, operating doors or other entrances, navigating hallways and buildings, etc., and adapting successfully to a constantly changing environment.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.