Requisition Number: SYSTE05241
Provide application architecture by using technical expertise and implement design direction for systems and projects that involve a higher level of complexity. Support all aspects of Midco software and systems strategy by applying architecture best practices to business priorities. Focus on the application software portfolio, architecture models and system integration. Provide support in the decision process for new software evaluation and acquisition.
- Responsible for detailed technical architecture and design.
- Understand Midco business strategy and design software systems that help achieve business objectives. Build long-term strategic system and software road maps designs for IT systems architecture.
- Balance the business needs of the company with technical considerations.
- Provide architectural guidance to the IT application development teams. Ensure consistent architecture framework is applied throughout the software development life cycle.
- Responsible for system performance, system design and scalability for assigned projects.
- Facilitate and lead meetings of technology minded persons throughout the company to arrive at the best architecture and designs across all departments.
- Serve as a strategic partner to Midco stakeholders and IT functional areas by helping them identify and take advantage of integrated software systems.
- Assist in growing more junior developers into becoming system design minded and using defined structures.
- Write system architecture documentation, diagrams, API interface specifications and component diagrams.
- Keep current with emerging technology trends, technical advances in architecture and application development areas. Collaborate with IT Security Architect to ensure application architectures align with security strategy, policies and goals.
- Assist in achieving greater synergy between purchased and developed software by designing standard integration frameworks and information exchange protocols between various Midco systems.
- Follow and serve as a role model in displaying Midco’s Core Values and Leadership Success Drivers.
- Adhere to Midco privacy guidelines to ensure customer’s privacy.
- Maintain regular attendance as required for the position.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Communicate with other departments to handle any escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Function as an effective team member while supporting the efforts and concepts of other departments.
- Support the mission, vision, and values of Midco.
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas of responsibility.
- Possess an enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated, and detail-oriented approach towards work and all work projects.
- Possess strong problem solving and decision-making skills while using good judgment.
- Be agile to multi-task from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, team members and leadership.
- Actively follow Midco policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent is required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience as a software developer is required.
- Experience with UML modeling and architectural diagram is preferred.
- Previous experience working with business analysts and delivering mission critical systems to the business is required.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands.
- The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
- The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
Midco has been blazing trails since 1931, bringing innovation to the world of telecommunications and delighting customers with exceptional service. Through ambition, imagination and a genuine commitment to each other, Midco proudly serves more than 385,000 residential and business customers in 342 communities in Kansas, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin. By 2025, Midco will deploy 10G, the next great leap for broadband – while also expanding its fixed wireless network to rural areas. We’re also dedicated to making our communities better places to live, work and play. Ready to work at Midco? We thought so. Here are a few more reasons why Midco is one of the best places to work:
- Free and discounted Midco internet / cable
- Tuition reimbursement
- Support of employee involvement in the communities we serve
- Employee referral program
- Wellness programs
Visit MidcoCareers.com to learn about employment opportunities and apply today.
Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment Midco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, or any other characteristic protected by law. To view our full EEO and federal contractor supplemental posters, please refer to Midco.com/FederalPosters.