Every day, in nearly 100 countries around the world, millions of people depend on Daktronics scoring and display systems for information and entertainment. Our displays provide vital travel information in airports and train stations and along highways. They advertise the price of gas, store specials, and more as you make your daily commute. They also enhance spectators' experiences at sporting events of all kinds, from Little League to the major leagues. This position will be: Mon-Fri 8am-4:30pm.
- Assist electronic technicians in the Repair Center with non-technical work, to include, but not limited to:
- The disassembly of products such as modules, power supplies and control equipment. This includes the use of tools such as screwdrivers, exacto knifes or acetone toothbrush for tasks such as unscrewing parts or removing materials like potting or corrosion.
- Testing of products to include connection to control equipment, vision inspection or gathering of data readouts.
- After the electronic technician troubleshoots and repairs issues, reassemble products. This can include the use of machines such as UV Light, Potting and Drying Oven. Also includes tasks such as touching up of paint.
- Ensure quality at all times by following established procedures and practices, having a high attention to detail, and handling products delicately and meticulously.
- Thoroughly, accurately and timely complete all documentation which can include time spent on and tasks completed during a project. Also document common issues as they arise.
- Train on assembly practices and tasks on all the variations of products that pertain to all work cells in the Repair Center. This will include getting to the point of being able to distinguish between products (for example GalaxyPro verses ProStar or indoor verses outdoor) and read and comprehend product assembly drawings.
- Ensure that all duties are performed in a safe manner. Wear proper personal protective equipment (such as safety glasses or gloves) to conform to the established safety standards as prescribed or directed.
- Be actively involved in lean efforts including 5S (Sort, Straighten, Shine, Standardize and Sustain) implementation, ensuring adherence to lean process standards. For example, this can include ensuring the proper maintenance of tools and machines.
- Occasionally drive, within Daktronics campus, to retrieve or deliver products, parts or equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned. This could include working on rework projects or working outside the department as necessary.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Ability to successfully participate as a member of a team, yet work with minimal supervision.
- Regularly and reliably work the scheduled hours. Ability to work overtime when workload requires.
- Ability to be flexible, as well as learn quickly and on the fly.
- Physical requirements include the ability to:
- have manual dexterity to work with very small parts with repetition.
- lift and carry heavy (up to 50 pounds) and/or awkward items.
- read fine print with or without correction.
- reach in all directions, potentially in awkward positions.
- stand and/or sit for the entire shift.
- work with some odors (solder/paint/coating material etc.
- distinguish and identify colors (wires, paint, etc).
- Ability to solder small parts and components.
- Good communication skills. Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
- Basic computer skills and ability to enter information and data accurately. Ability to use software such as Glovia, Workcell Manager or Excel.
- Daktronics does not sponsor, renew, or extend immigration visas for this position.
Daktronics is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, genetics, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or citizenship status. If you would like more information on your EEO rights under the law, please click here.