Challenge your project management talents while managing and overseeing short and long-term projects and departmental initiatives for Meta Payment Systems, a leading provider of innovative payment solutions. In this position, you will develop project plans and schedules, assemble and manage project teams, identify project tasks and timeframes, and communicate progress to Leadership Team. In addition, you will apply project management methodology and tools, as well as expert negotiating talents to resolve problems and facilitate the achievement of outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage a variety of project types/categories (minor, major, some complex projects)
- Direct and manage project development throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business objectives in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders
- Develop full-scale project schedules/timelines and associated communication documents
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion
- Estimate the resources needed to achieve project goals
- Negotiate with resource managers to acquire the resources necessary to produce the project on time and within budget (if applicable); determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants if necessary during project lifecycle
- Set and continually manage project expectation with sponsors, team members, and stakeholders
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate project personnel
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team
- Identify, track and resolve issues related to the project throughout its lifecycle
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plan
- Identify, communicate, and manage risk
- Coach, mentor, motivate and supervise project team members, contractors and influence them to take positive action and accountability for their assigned work
- Build, develop, and grow any business relationships vital to the success of the project
- Understand all aspects of the projects according to project management methodologies, standards and best practices as set by the Project Management Office
- Successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) in related field from an accredited institution
- 5+ years project management, business, IT/IS team leadership or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrates an understanding of and applies knowledge in all phases of the project delivery lifecycle.
- Understanding of Scrum / Agile methodology preferred
- Understanding and working knowledge of data collection, integration, processing and management practices
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
Work Environment/Physical Demands:
This position is largely self-directed, and requires a thorough understanding of company policy, procedures and values. Team members will be required to adhere to safety requirements at all times and in all work environments.
- The noise level in the work environment is low to moderate.
- Sedentary work. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position satisfactorily with interruptions and/or distractions.
- Employees may be required to work in excess of 40 hours per week and other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings and weekends as business demands
MetaBank is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans